Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Automatic popup when visiting a page

Hi,
    I'm looking for a way to have a popup window with a text message to appear on my site when you visit a page. I want to use it for a quick message to draw the users attention. I would like it to appear only for a short period of time on that page and then I'll remove it (or better yet have it appear only the first time the user visits that page in a session). I have found information about popups used with an active click on a link, but not seeing anything about a popup on a visit to a page (user doesn't have to click anything). I'm a brand new user, so be kind. :)

Thank you.

BlueVoda Client ID# 16977

Re: Automatic popup when visiting a page

Chestbroc,

I dont know what U want use the pop up for but most people nowadays would set their browsers to block pop ups.

Me included. Ad pop ups are a nuisance.
    www.siapamoyanganda.com/
    Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
    State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

I agree with Zuriatman. What about using one of these Scrollers ?
      Bless you
      Tom

Comment

You can have a javascript alert box, they just have to click ok and they can continue to use the website. You can make it only come up the first time they visit by using a cookie

Just put something like this inside your "<body>" tag

onLoad="alert('Hello, thanks for visiting, whatever else you want the message to say');"

Register/Login Script
        Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

Working...
        X