A few new questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A few new questions

1. emails from my form do not include the file attachments. The file in indicated in the email and is in my upload folder however. Is this normal? Is possible to have the files attached to the email as well?

2. I cant get the field tab order to work in the form. I ahve tried the "move to front" approach several times but some are still out of order. I have saved, uploaded and refreshed the form each time. Any suggestions.

3. Is ther a way to add an autoincrementing field to the form?

4. Is there a search tool that I can put on the site so that users can search my one or more of my databases?

Thank to the community once again for any suggestions and help you can offer.

Burlington - client id 16875

Re: A few new questions

1) If your script to send the email isn't setup to send an attachment. It is possible, but like most things on a website, nothing is done automatically you have to tell it to do so.

2) IDK, I don't use BV, perhaps someone who does can help with that

3) What are you wanting to auto increment? Are you wanting a running count of how many times the form was submitted? Or for something else? Chances are it is possible, but the difficulty of what you want to do can range.

4) BV doesn't include any database features whatsoever that I am aware of. Pretty much any query to any database would be custom to that database, so theres no simple copy and paste, or click to add way of doing it.

Register/Login Script
    Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

For attachments the only solution within this forum is Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor . It will attach as many files as you want.

Tab Order: The bring to Front is the only way. If it doesn't work for you, you CERTAINLY have made some mistake. If you make a mistake in the procedure, you need to start from scratch.
      Your only other alternative: recreate the form, creating the fields in the order you like the TAB to work.

Yes, it is possible to have a an autoincrement value field, but not directly using BV, you will need to have a kind of counter using either a database or a flat file to store, each time, this value, so that the next one is simply incremented by 1. This is usually achieved with a php script. You will also need a small routine to make sure that not the same number is assigned if two users are opening and submitting the form page at the same moment.

Search: you can't do it using BV. You can do it using BV in conjunction with a php script that will perform the search and display the results. In that case BV can be used for the visual part.
      Navaldesign
      Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
      Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
      DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
      Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thanks so far folks,

I think I found the tab order problem. Some items were slightly outside the form area when initally created and tested. Deleting and recreating them fixed the problem

navaldesign : I am using Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor but the attachments are not are not no the email. Do I need to load the more advanced script I saw referenced somewhere in the forum.

Any suggestion on where I can find samples of suitable scripts for my search and display results needs?

One additional question - Is it possible to have uploaded images saved in the database? If so please point me in the direction of information on how to achieve this.

Thanks again

Comment

Storing a file in the database is easy. You need to read the file content, and then store it in the database as any other normal variable. To read a file, use this code (which supposes that you have called your upload field "picture"):

$picture_Name[$i] = str_replace(" ", "_", $_FILES['picture']['name']);
          $picture_Size[$i] = $_FILES['picture']['size'];
          $picture_Temp[$i] = $_FILES['picture']['tmp_name'];

if( picture_Size > 0 ) {
          $fp = fopen($picture_Temp, 'r');
          $content = fread($fp, $picture_Temp);
          fclose($fp);
          $content = addslashes($content);
          }

Then you can simply store the variable $content in a BLOB field in the database.
          Navaldesign
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thanks again Navaldesign for the advice,

It seems clear that I could develop the functionallity I want from scratch however as the level of complexity goes up so will the learning curve I have to climb. Though I like the process of teaching myself new skills. The time involed will stretch too long. Your company dbtechnosystems can clearly build the functionallity I want.

How to I go about defining my needs so that your company can put together a quotation for me.

Thanks in advance.
            I look forward to hearing from you.

Comment

Please contact me privately. Thank you.

You can also have a look at a database search script here. The results in this case are NOT displayed as a page of links, but as a display (in pages) of the booths (this is a fleamarket application) which items contain the searched for terms. The script will ignore witespaces and "," 's.
              Navaldesign

Comment

Working...
              X