Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Google Webmaster tools

Hi,
    I am so new to all of this, I feel very confused. I apologize if this is a stupid question.
    But, I got my site up and running and went to use the Google webmaster tools. It says they need to verify it is my site and asks me to either add a metatag or html verification.
    I am using Soholaunch for the site building.
    I have copied the metatag information as they requested under page properties and then again in web site keywords under the webmaster options. It came back as unable to verify.
    I know what I did was most likely way off but I really have no experience with this. I apologize for my ignorance.
    Can anyone tell me how to add this so Google can verify me as the owner?
    Many, many thanks!
    Beth

http://kbcounseling.com

Re: Google Webmaster tools

Beth

You cant do it that way. Open notepad, then just save it as whatever google tells you to. When u save it, go to file, and "save as" and change the txt to all files and add the .html back to the name of the file.

ie: 098jlkjadfndogoogle.html

then ftp this to your folder that contains soho.. if its your main account then just ftp it to your public_html, if its an add on upload it to Public_html/subdomain folder.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Karen,

Thank you so much for helping me!

But, I am still a little confused...how do I ftp something to the main account? I am so sorry for being so ignorant!

Thanks again!
      Beth

雷火竞技(科技)有限公司(简称“雷火竞技集团”)创始于1993年,注册资金3300万元,现有员工3220余人,大专及以上学历占比70%以上,高级工程师7人,雷火竞技公司是达州弱电工程施工厂家。主要营项目有:弱电布线、视频监控、门禁刷卡、停车管理、弱电机房、视频会议等弱电工程。欢迎来店咨询!

Comment

In Bluevoda:
        Tools/BlueFTP
        Click on connect in the top left. You will then have an explorer-type view with your computer-based files on the left, and the server-side files on the right. Drag file from the left screen to the right screen to upload them. (FTP = File Transfer Protocol. It's just a way of saying transfer files to the host server)

Comment

Apologies, I just saw that you are using Soholaunch!

Comment

Aj.. Beth...

You CAN USE blue ftp to find the file on your hard drive and then upload it to the soho site.

Beth.. if you look for tutorials for blue ftp or do a google search on ftp tutorials, im sure that would help you. If you dont like blue ftp i believe there are some downloads here on voda for some other choices.. or you could search and find one of your own that you like.

You could also sign into your ACCOUNT cpanel and use the file manager to upload a file to your site after you navigate to the soho folder, you can then browse your hard drive for teh file and choose to upload it that way.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Originally posted by Karen Mac View Post
              You could also sign into your ACCOUNT cpanel and use the file manager to upload a file to your site after you navigate to the soho folder, you can then browse your hard drive for teh file and choose to upload it that way.
              The preferred method, and the most capable tool.
              . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
              * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Hi...
                Thank you both so much!

I went to the cpanel, file manager, went to the folder marked sohoadmin, and at the top it read /public_html/sohoadmin, and I clicked upload files. I went an uploaded the file I created as Google specified.

It came back again "Not verified: We've detected that your verification file returns a status of 404 (Not Found) in the header".

Did I do this wrong? Was I in the wrong folder?

They also mention a way to do it through adding a meta-tag but I am not sure where that goes either!

I am apologize for being a ongoing pain, but I really want to understand this so I can manage this better.
                Again, many thanks for the help!
                Beth

雷火竞技(科技)有限公司(简称“雷火竞技集团”)创始于1993年,注册资金3300万元,现有员工3220余人,大专及以上学历占比70%以上,高级工程师7人,雷火竞技公司是达州弱电工程施工厂家。主要营项目有:弱电布线、视频监控、门禁刷卡、停车管理、弱电机房、视频会议等弱电工程。欢迎来店咨询!

Comment

Beth,

I cant tell you if its in the wrong folder or not, as I didnt see where you uploaded it to. If you wanted it in kbcounseling, then you would have to upload it to the folder in public_html/kbcounseling.

If you are using soho, and you want it in the meta tags, you have to download the template index file and put it in there, save it and upload it back to the template folder, which in my opinion is going to be much harder for you to do, than simply uploading the google verification file to the correct folder.

You dont want it in sohoadmin, you want it outside that folder btw.. so if its in there its in the wrong place. I think in your case you just want it in public_html as it sounds as tho this is your main domain.. so you wont see a domain named folder.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                  291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Karen,

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

I got it now!

Beth

Comment

Working...
                    X