Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nervous first attempt

Hi all,

I've been tinkering around with the BlueVoda tools and tutorials for several months now, and only yesterday took the plunge and published my site. I'm very much a newbie when it comes to webpage design, but I found BlueVoda pretty much foolproof, even to such a talented fool as myself. Lol
    Anyways, if it's not too much bother I'd like to invite you to visit my site and see what you think.

I'm wondering if the loading time is at all prohibitive, especially on the Sumerian Astrology page, which has the most graphics. Many of the headings which appear as text are actually pictures, and I'm wondering if that's the right way to go about things. I was using a specific font that I wanted visible, but didn't want to require people to download it before entering my site (I'm always put off when I see that on other sites). Is what I've done - turning them into graphics - the best way to get around that?
    Thanks in advance,

Saau
    Kelly Dillon

www.warsofheaven.com

Re: Nervous first attempt

Hi Saau,

I will need to more time to go through all of it....Had no load problem though.
    Sharon Chajin

Comment

Saau -

It loaded pretty quickly for me but I have to wonder about those people using an older computer. I like the graphic headings and prefer people to use them. I think you are striving for a specific look rather than the pure functionality that may be required to get people to stay in your site once you get them there. Perhaps you should compromise a bit and concentrate a little more on how others can see your site. Try going on to someone else's computer and see how it loads and looks to you.

http://www.koolspaces.com
      The Best myspaces on myspace.com
      Last edited by koolspaces.com; 08-26-2007, 06:24 PM. Reason: spelling error

Comment

Loaded fine. I didn't go through each page but it is has very interesting content. It needs to be centered, throughout, if you are going to use a large presentation then it too should be centered on the page. Font was no problem and nice choice. Colors easy to read, except first page right, seems to be something written in black.
        Maybe change intro page,maybe do away with enter button and have a text menu on page somewhere, personally don't like intros, kind of wasting your time , why not get on with the info the person came for n the first place, but that is me. Tiled looks bad with the text appearing in each block, maybe enlarge it and put it on another background or if you want the image tiled then make additional background with it leaving off the text.
        Some explanation as to the source of information and where it began, why and by whom, why I guess is obvious, but all in all you have a good start and a very interesting theme, will be back.
        Choco777
        www.mayatabasco.com

Comment

Obviously I overlooked something important, you do have resource page. Sorrry, see told you i'd be back.
          Choco777
          www.mayatabasco.com

Comment

Home page is a little hard on the eye to read. Other than that, looks great.

Comment

Saau
              The opening page seems to be repeating itself on the right hand side on my screen i.e it shows up as one and a third in width
              egar50

www.thesoftwarebay.com
              Computer Software, Magazines and Books

Comment

Thanks for the responses.
                The intro page isn't doing that (repeating) on mine, so I'll have to look into it - I also can't see any black text anywhere. I will think about what you suggest with doing away with it and making the main page the index.
                I know too that things should be centered from page to page, but I haven't found any easy way to do that. I gave up trying to do it by eye because that was too time consuming and wasn't working particularly well anyway.
                Thanks for your responses and suggestions.

Saau
                Kelly Dillon

www.warsofheaven.com

Comment

I had a good look around and got so engrossed I did not see anything glaringly wrong ... I would have made similar comments to the above ...

Congratulations you have done an excellent job and put a lot of work into this website.

You will find it evolves as it goes along and will often tweak stuff as you go ... great start ...
                  kym, merlin & tala
                  creating white majick
                  www.whiteshepherds.com.au
                  www.unitedwhiteshepherds.com.au
                  www.merlinsmajick.com
                  www.kymdunbar.com

Comment

Working...
                  X