using BV for membership or subscription site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• using BV for membership or subscription site

I am working on a membership or subscription site. I've read a lot about using Content Management Software (CMS) like Joomla or Drupa. What additional services or uses would I get from a CMS like Joomla that I cannot get by just using BV? What do the CMS products like Joomla bring to the mix that I can't get through using BV. I'm a little confused at what software I need to set up the membership site. It will just be a basic membership site that provides a lot of articles on business startup and formation and a lot of useful forms. I plan to also have a blog and a forum and of course a password restricted area for paying members.

Thanks - Bob M.
    incsource101.com

Re: using BV for membership or subscription site

Hi Bob,

Joomla is a dynamic php / MySQL website development tool. As such, it allowes for many things which static website builders like BV don't, login and search features are just two examples.

However, you can't compare the two, BV is much more simpler / user friendly, Joomla much more complicated, BV dows not allow for direct php / MySQL (unless you hand code them), Joomla does.

You can bild practically anything with BV if you know how to create and add code. I have built membership scripts, flea markets, job directories, even some very strange applications in BV just adding the necessary code that i created.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
    X