Copyright notice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Copyright notice

I am about to publish my art site which I have re-built in BV & I wish to put the copyright info into the html so ones cannot copy my photos. I assume it would go into the html of page properties. Do I just put the code at the end - or does it need to go somewhere else?

Also I may be the code for dis-abling right-click on some pages as well. Does this go at the end also or does it need to go earlier.

I've enjoyed my re-building & should be 'live' in just a day or two.
    www.dinkdy.info
    www.aboriginalarttreasures.com
    www.thegemlovers.com
    www.bigticketmoney.com

Re: Copyright notice

Originally posted by pioneerVicki View Post
    I am about to publish my art site which I have re-built in BV & I wish to put the copyright info into the html so ones cannot copy my photos. I assume it would go into the html of page properties. Do I just put the code at the end - or does it need to go somewhere else?

Also I may be the code for dis-abling right-click on some pages as well. Does this go at the end also or does it need to go earlier.

I've enjoyed my re-building & should be 'live' in just a day or two.

Hi there ...

You can add a line about copyright on your pages, most do this near the bottom, choose to insert the copyright symbol and your line of text usually reads your name and year .. you apply that text right on your blue voda page ...

the disable right code script would go into the page html, found by right clicking on your page and choosing page html - you can change the sentence composed to what you would like to say. I should mention it's not the most popular addition to a webpage, there are alot of negative comments in regards to using the no right click method in which you can read elsewhere on this board.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Hi, you can cut & paste the code below into an html box. It will auto up date every year.
      Just change the text you need to. These parts below in red you can change.
      Copyright © 2006 & (Mysite.com) All image & text rights reserved

HTML Code:
      <body>
      <script type="text/javascript">
      <!-- This script and many more are available free online at -->
      <!-- The JavaScript Source!! http://javascript.internet.com -->
      <!-- Created by: www.webbiesite.com -->
      <!-- Begin
      copyright=new Date();
      update=copyright.getFullYear();
      document.write("Copyright © 2006-"+ update + " (Mysite.com) All image & text rights reserved.");
      //  End -->
      </script>
      <p><center>
      </center><p>
      <!-- Script Size:  0.66 KB -->
      Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Vicki - why waste your time with the disable right click? It won't stop anyone from taking anything - in fact it might make some want to do it more (I'm one of those it annoys - and usually post things people do that to just to show them I can :) )
        Beth
        A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
        SEO - The Basics

Comment

I am adding watermarks to the images this time & not relying on right-click like I did in the old store. There are a few things in the store I don't really want people to do anything with that the right-click is used for. (Unless there is some important fuction of right-click I haven't thought of) If some hardy soul wants to go to the trouble of both removing the watermarks & putting right-click back on so they can steal the image - that is almost a complement. Certainly on most (if not all pages) you will be able to right-click. (They say locks only keep honest people out) - the more secure you make your home or car appear - the more a true professional will want to steal or break in just to prove they can. But if most people can't easily do something they won't.

Because I am selling (or was) downloads I have some very large, high quality images uploaded that don't normally appear on the site. Before I put the html copyright notice I was starting to get reasonable numbers of people doing a 'google' with the uploaded code of the product no. they liked the look of & google would give them an image that filled the screen! After I put the copyright code in if you try something along that line - the search engines just bring up the copyright message.
          Last edited by pioneerVicki; 09-01-2007, 07:57 AM. Reason: wanted add extra comment
          www.dinkdy.info
          www.thegemlovers.com
          www.bigticketmoney.com

Comment

Good Post, Chris!

This makes a wonderful addition to most carts and even Flash foundations, and can be easily embedded by most users themselves.

I reserve comments on this subject, for I am well known for my positions....and in opposition to certain peers as well. Doing an Advanced forum Search using "copyright" and my name will provide numerous examples to entertain almost everyone....
            . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
            * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

1/ Chris your code is very similar to what I've been using. My question is if I have a page I wanted to put it on, do I right click & bring up page html & paste it in the box (& if so where? - at start) or on an html box somewhere on the page.
              2/ Vasili has made a reply - I can read it in my email - can't find it here - where is it?
              3/Vasili - if anyone enfringes my copyright in any way (& I become aware of it) the Australian Aboriginal Legal Service will take action against them & it won't cost me anything (as far as I know). I've met some of the lawyers (they have an arts section) they are all Aboriginal themselves & because of the cultural & spiritual significance of our art they LOVE prosecuting ones. If you sell downloads, you often have to have unmasked photos somewhere on your site. While I am now very careful what no I call unmasked photos when I didn't have the copyright notice on the site (there must have been a 'chat room' somewhere that mentioned my site because if suddenly happened & dozens were doing it) people would put your site details/uploaded & photo no & getting a huge image. The notice stoped that. I'm not fanatical about people stealing - don't put in on the web - but I don't want to be easily giving valuable things away either.
              www.dinkdy.info
              www.thegemlovers.com
              www.bigticketmoney.com

Comment

Hi, just pop it into a HTML box & slide it to the right place on your page. You may have to pull the HTML box wider with its tabs if you find the text returning on its self.
                Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

chris, you've done it again!!! maybe i should have a thanks to page with all the forum members who have (basicly) designed my website for me

bluerovers

bluerovers
                  www.bluerovers.co.nz
                  www.five-a-side.co.nz

Comment

I have drought before putting the copyright in u r page> How u can Get the copyright for u r site
                    Mahesh.kumarrr******.com
                    http://tips4ever.blogspot.com

Comment

Working...
                    X