Using Publisher

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using Publisher

I have a friend who has a website built in Publisher, and she is looking for a host. Can she publish her website with Blue Voda and still keep building her pages in Publisher? Or would she have to transfer everything to BV?

Thanks,
    Aussietrim

Re: Using Publisher

Hi Aussietrim,

Publisher as I know the software as I have a 2000 version is much a stand alone program. It is a Microsoft product and yet you cant export any of the .pub files to Microsoft word even.

Publisher is good when you are writing books for publishing and that is what the program really is good for.

The website builder is a simple one and nothing compared with Blue Voda which has extensive capabalities and is the best wysiwyg website builder available today at no cost. "Free". Blue Voda also includes Blue FTP for publishing your web pages to your web site on Voda Host Servers only.

You cant import Publisher webpages directly into Blue Voda.

I suppose you could design an Index page with Blue Voda and publish it to your Voda Host site and then use an external FTP [Other FTP Software] to publish in html the rest of the Publisher design web pages to the URL where your published "Index Page is located".

I am responding as I know Microsoft Publisher and am not an expert on FTP and publishing. You may have to wait for the experts to response to your queries.

By the way there was a Post recently on the same subject which was answered by Voda Host. Check out the forum using "Search" and check out
    also the "New Post" on the toolbar at the top of this page.

I would suggest you redo your webpages as all the images can be imported into BV if they are .jpeg or .gif and all the text if you save them in .rtf
    www.siapamoyanganda.com/
    Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
    State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

Hi Zuriatman,

Thanks for that infomation - I have passed it on to my friend. She uses Office 2003, and from the little bit I saw when she showed me some of her as yet unpublished website, it looked a lot like Blue Voda. Her problem is, she hasn't yet got Broadband, but if and when she can get it, she can download BV and see for herself how good it is.

Aussietrim

Comment

Aussie Trim,

You can download BV for her and store it in a pendrive so she can test it.
        www.siapamoyanganda.com/
        State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

Zuriatman - I did put the web bulder on a pen drive for her, but she is paranoid about putting anything on her computer from another one. I have never had a virus on any of my computers but she still won't accept it. I would have thought it would be better to transfer it from a clean computer than to download it from the net, but she doesn't see it that way.

Comment

Hi Aussietrim,

She can always scan the pendrive for virus and such before copying ?
            If she is so paranoid I just cant figure out why you would go out of your way
            to try and help her?

I guess you are just one of those nice guy/gal.
            www.siapamoyanganda.com/
            State of Johor.

Comment

If she wants to create her website with Publisher, that's ok. She can upload the files to her site and she will have her site alive.

If she also wants to upgrade to BV or ANY other website building software, that is also ok.

Vodahost is a hoster, you are NOT obliged to use BlueVoda to build your site. If, however, you use BlueVoda, you NEED a VodaHost account because it will not publish anywhere else.
              Navaldesign
              Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
              Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
              DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
              Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thankyou Navel - that has cleared everything up.
                And Zuriatman, I am not really that nice! lol

Aussietrim

Comment

Working...
                X