Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forms - required fields

Hi
    I have created a very basic contact form on my website in BV with a thank you page using the BV tutorials and the standard tutorial script in the action.php page .

I have realised that it is not set up with required fields - ie; visitors to my site can leave out any field blank and still submit the form.

I also notice that the two radio buttons for " existing client" and "new client" can both be selected.

How can I correct this please?
    www.punchardrenovation.com
    www.direct2view.com
    client ID 10225

Re: Forms - required fields

1. To make fields required, use BV's validation: double click on the field, select Validate, and choose from the options.
    Please note that if you only want to make fields required for normal visitors, that's ok. However, BV's validation is Javascript, and as such it will not validate if the user has his browser javascript disabled. This is why i usually prefer to have both Javascript validation AND php validation, in the script.
    2. The radio buttons need to have the same Group name, otherwise they are considered independent and therefore both selectable.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
    X