How To Differentiate Webpage Background & screen background

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How To Differentiate Webpage Background & screen background

Hi I am Calvin, closing to sign up for vodahost before I close to finalise my site using site builder.

Please enlighten my following doubts for me to move on please...

I couldn't set the webpage background which is of different colour as to the screen background. Netiher can I draw an outline for the webpage that is meant for defining the webpage boundary, unlike dreamweaver. Please enlighten me !!!

Also, I realised I can't customise nevigation toolbar (with lots of pre-designed button) for submenu. Furthernore, menu bar that can build submenu could not be formatted or have pre-designed button added.

If I design a form which is the main purpose of my site, can I get the input/result backend as I am not good at mysql or php, do you think I can learn myself to capture data into databases using mysql. DO I have to download abvfp? Is this free for us to use?

How can I use CSS in bv website builder?

I saw from the under the control panel features of
    http://www.vodahost.com/features.htm, search engine submission is inclusive, but then from another site www.vodahits.com mentioning paid service for site submission, are there refering to the same thing?

Sorry for being long-winded as I knew little of dreamweaver but wish not to use that anymore and prefer user-friendly voda builder for my new site.

Rgds

Calvin Ng

Re: How To Differentiate Webpage Background & screen background

Hi Navaldesign,

My doubt on the layout is cleared as I managed to get some great tip here in the forum, however, I am still stuck now for my menu bar which I want like this http://www.thescripts.com/, can you help?

My outstanding doubts are as follows:

Also, I realised I can't customise nevigation toolbar (with lots of pre-designed button) for submenu. Furthernore, menu bar that can build submenu could not be formatted or have pre-designed button added.

If I design a form which is the main purpose of my site, can I get the input/result backend as I am not good at mysql or php, do you think I can learn myself to capture data into databases using mysql. DO I have to download abvfp? Is this free for us to use?

How can I use CSS in bv website builder?

I saw from the under the control panel features of http://www.vodahost.com/features.htm, search engine submission is inclusive, but then from another site www.vodahits.com mentioning paid service for site submission, are there refering to the same thing?

Would you kindly provide feedback please so taht I could move on.

Thank you very much.

Calvin Ng

Comment

1. Menu / nav bar: No, you can't build such a menu directly in BV, this is custom built javascript menu combined to CSS. However, you can create or buy or get for free similar menus on many sites on the net, and you can then embedd it in your BV page.

2. Nav bar and Menu bar: they can have custom designed buttons, but only one at a time, you can't use different buttons for each element. The solution in that case would be to use separate menus for each button.

3. Forms: yes, you can use ABVFP to store the form info in the database. It will do it automatically. ABVFP is free to use. When i created it i had in mind just the normal user that does not have any coding knowledge.

4. Yes, you can use CSS, both with internal and external files. However, you need to read some basics about css, or, simply use stuff you can find on the net simply following their instructions.

5. The one time Free submission is, as it says, free. VodaHits is instead a paid for service that has a lot more than a submission, it includes repeated submissions, SE optimization etc.
      Navaldesign
      Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
      Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
      DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
      Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Hi Navaldesign,

Thank you for your insightful tips, my doubts are answered at least for now....

Calvin

Comment

Working...
        X