Form doesn't work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Form doesn't work

I added a form to my website www.CharityChurchTravel.com, and I am pretty sure I added it exactly in the manner in which the video instructed. However, when I clicked the submit button on the "Join Us" page, on which the form is located, it said

Method Not Allowed

The requested method POST is not allowed for the URL /join_us.html.

How do I correct this? What have I missed? This is an important page and I must have it running properly. Thank you!

Re: Form doesn't work

Well, you have a major problem in your form: There is NO action. The action page, with the script in it, is the one that actually processes the form info and sends you the mail.

And, you have no visitor's email field in your form. What more natural than asking for their email address ?

Please read the text under the multimedia Forms Tutorial 1 to see what you should do.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

I did create an action page, the .php page, named it "action", wrote thank you on it...the whole 9 yards. I also followed the instructions for adding the stuff in the html page explicitly. What else is there to do?

Comment

I did create an action page, the .php page, named it "action", wrote thank you on it...the whole 9 yards. I also followed the instructions for adding the stuff in the html page explicitly. What else is there to do?

Originally posted by navaldesign View Post
        Well, you have a major problem in your form: There is NO action. The action page, with the script in it, is the one that actually processes the form info and sends you the mail.

And, you have no visitor's email field in your form. What more natural than asking for their email address ?

Please read the text under the multimedia Forms Tutorial 1 to see what you should do.

Comment

Yes, you did all the above, but you need to declare this action page to the form, otherwise it doesn't "know" where to send the info.

Open your form page in BV, double click the form, and in the "Action" field, type "action.php" or whatever else you hace published your action page as.
          Save, republish, and refresh your browser before testing.
          Navaldesign
          Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

thank you, that's all i needed to do.

Comment

Working...
            X