My New Web page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My New Web page

Hi, everyone. I am very new at this, but I have published my first site. I welcome everyone to the site and tell me what you think. I am doing it for my Knights of Columbus council. I am having a little trouble on some of the links and I have not quite figured out how to edit my pages. I think it is a work in progress. Here is the site.
    www.mariancouncil3779.com

Re: My New Web page

Hi pmman,

Welcome, A couple of my comments:
    · Try and refrain from 'stretching' images in BV as per the K of C logo as it will result in pixilation. Consider leaving image at it’s original size and centring it on the light blue template block below.
    · Spelling: “Marian Councill was Moved” should be: Marian Council was moved…
    · Give your pages a true 'title' (right click>page properties) home page is presently called 'index'.
    · Personally I’m not a fan of having a guest book on the home page (spammers found one of mine and went mad with p*#n) If you move it, maybe place your nav buttons in its place.
    · As you grow in confidence have a look at ‘navaldesigns’ ABVFP form builder, it’s a wonderful tool (contact us forms etc). As displaying email addresses on your site can lead to spam flooding your inbox.
    · Have a look at the overlapping (address on header and guest book submit button)
    · The marquee scroll is moving a little fast to read.
    · Consider centre aligning other pages.
    · I enjoy your home page template and would carry it through on all pages.

Good start the rest will slip into place as your site grows.

Enjoy,
    Andrew

sigpic

Port Elizabeth Web Design Solutions
    Latest Release: Eastern Cape Hunting Safaris
    Work In Progress Cape Town Dietician
    BlueVoda Web Design Portfolio

Comment

Originally posted by pmman View Post
      I am having a little trouble on some of the links and I have not quite figured out how to edit my pages.
      Your link pages work (under construction) but set the target: _self as they presently open a seperate page each time.

Cheers,
      Andrew

sigpic

Comment

I tried what you told me and by the way thanks alot. I need all the help I can get. I guess I am editing the page right. I go back into BV to the index page that I published. I did the corrections and re-published it. I changed everything but the fonts on the headings. The reason why I think the fonts were messed up is because I used a scripted fonts and I didn't change the default fonts. I am in the process of correcting that. If you have a chance go back to the site and check it out. I am also having a little trouble on the form. I think I have a feeling that I screwed the script up. I watched the videos on forms, but it didn't make much sense.

Comment

Hey pmman,

Looking good, this is an example of moving your guest book to it's own page and putting your nav bar on the left. www.froggdesigns.com/marian_example.html

To open in BV you can insert this url into: file>new page>from existing HTML page>file name: "www.frogg ..." >click (remote on the internet)

Hope that helps.
          Cheers,
          Andrew

sigpic

Comment

you are off to a great start ... play it by beer has given some great suggestions and picked up most of what I would comment on ...

I love the colours and feel of the website's front page template ... something I notice there is not a menu bar on all your pages ...

keep up the good work
            kym, merlin & tala
            creating white majick
            www.whiteshepherds.com.au
            www.unitedwhiteshepherds.com.au
            www.merlinsmajick.com
            www.kymdunbar.com

Comment

Thanks everyone! Playitbybeer, you might have lost me on the last on, but I am saving your instruction and your example, I like what you do to the front page, I may be able to figure it out if I keep trying. Whiteshepherds, thanks for the comments, that is a good idea, I might try that. Does anyone know what I am doing wrong on my form? I have watched the video over and over. I have done exactly what is says, but the video says to re-type two line and the written instructions say to put your own info into the blue written lines (3). The video says to insert the script on the "between head tag" and the written says to insert the script at the "beginning of body", which is it?

Comment

Working...
              X