Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can't I edit a search table? Do I have to redo it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't I edit a search table? Do I have to redo it?

I have been able to create a database, and the corresponding search table does work. However, I don't like the way it looks. The headings show, and it is just one long line of fields. Is there a way to format the search results into, say an address label style?

Me again,

I created a search table that is not working properly. I have listed 2 records with different "category" and same "city". I am trying to pull up a specific category in a specific city, and am getting both records shown. I would like it to search cagtegory field first, then city next. I hope this makes sense.
    I think because both categories have the same city, it is pulling both records.
    If anyone can help me, that would be great. Also if I am not clear in my wording, please let me know, and I will try to be more specific.
    www.reikiforhorses.ca
    Balance Your Horse's Energy For Self-Healing
    www.lucynixon.ca
    Reiki For Pets and Their People
    www.ufindahorse.com
    Work In Progress

Re: Can't I edit a search table? Do I have to redo it?

Yes, i am afraid you are not clear.

The results depend on the search mode.
    Why do you need two different searches ? if we don't understand the logic you want your script to follow, we can't help.
    Also, if a link to the search/result pages is available, that would help understand.

And, how did you create this script ? hand coding ? Using some tool ?
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

I built my table, then put a search table on my web page.
      I didn't use a script, I thought it did it itself.
      How do I incorporate a script if I used the drag and drop function on my web page?
      www.reikiforhorses.ca
      www.lucynixon.ca
      www.ufindahorse.com
      Work In Progress

Comment

I am afraid that this is not so.

A search database feature requires a php script, and it is almost always custom made for the specific database. It consists in a form, where the user types the search terms, and then a backend script that perform the search. Then there is yet another part that displays the search results as clickable links to a page that will display the specific data related to the search. There are many auxiliary routines to prevent errors and garantee security.

In other words, it requires quite a lot of coding experience.
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thanks you for the explanation. I tried to post a bid, but rec'd the message that some words were not permited. Is there a list of restricted words somewhere, so I can post a project without using the wrong words?
          www.reikiforhorses.ca
          www.lucynixon.ca
          www.ufindahorse.com
          Work In Progress

Comment

Working...
          X