Incorporating PHP into Bluevoda website

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Incorporating PHP into Bluevoda website

So I have my webpage built in bluevoda. Now I want to start incorporating some php scripts, such like after a visitor clicks on the register button, I want it to take them to a registering page, allowing them to create a username and password and even a profile, with some other demographic info.

What is the first thing I should do with php here being an absolute newbie?

Re: Incorporating PHP into Bluevoda website

You will either have to learn php, or find an existing php script. If you are going to make your own you will have to have a script to take the variables submitted from the form, add it to a database, and then a script to retrieve the info when users login. Also you will need to use either sessions or cookies to remember the login on other pages they go to.

If you don't have any programming experience, or no time to learn you want to look around to see what scripts are available that will work well with BV (I don't know of any, and I haven't read of anyone mentioning one on the forum, may have missed it though). Navaldesign might have one that works well. (Naval uses PHP and BV). I personally don't even use BV, makes using php so much simpler.

Register/Login Script
    Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

Working...
    X