posted index instead of pages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• posted index instead of pages

well, got past first problem i had this am and was happy with everything Published site and all i have is the index. Read through here and found problem was probably menu buttons (think i have that straightened out now but not sure) Tried to republish and keep getting internet error . Do i need to somehow remove the index or if and when i republish will it overwrite whats there?
    Re menu buttons: they each have a name now and url is the website. Not sure i have connected them together though. Read about hyperlinking pages and adding html etc. but cant be sure i have i right until i publish

gave it a bit of a rest . Have tried rebooting numerous times Continue to have a problem. If i try to publish i either get internet error 12031 or the program stops responding. So all i have published are a few pages of index but no actual pages. How do i remove the index from the site and how do i get it to publish corrected pages (i think i corrected the button problem) wont know until i can publish. Off to work now but will check back this evening and try again

Comment

just realized i may have confused you, I dont mean only my index (HOME) page published. I mean no page just a list of characters and names of the sites and pages . there are no pages published
      this is what it looks like online.

Name Last modified Size Description
      --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Parent Directory 15-May-2005 20:01 -
      Fashion.html 15-May-2005 17:46 3k
      Health.html 16-May-2005 06:32 3k
      Household.html 15-May-2005 17:53 3k
      Index.html 15-May-2005 20:17 4k
      Misc.html 15-May-2005 17:50 3k
      Relaxation_Hobbies.html 15-May-2005 17:58 3k
      bv00031.gif 15-May-2005 17:42 1k
      bv00032.gif 15-May-2005 17:42 1k
      bv00033.gif 15-May-2005 17:42 1k
      bv00034.gif 15-May-2005 17:42 1k
      bv00035.gif 15-May-2005 17:42 1k

there's more but just posted a bit of it. like i said i cant check if i have corrected it because when i try to republish i either get internet error or program stops responding as soon as i hit publish.

Comment

Internet error 12031 means:
        'The connection with the server has been reset' which indicates your firewall or router is blocking the transfer connection. You should give BlueVoda complete access to the internet.
        You can also try setting the 'undocumented' passive mode setting which could fix your problems without changing your firewall/router settings:
        1. Open the registry (Run->Regedit.exe)
        2. Find the following key:
        HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\BlueVoda 6.5.2\BlueVoda 6.5.2\Publish
        3. Change the value of Passive from 0 to 1
        4. Now try to publish again.

Warning: changing or deleting any of the other values can corrupt your BlueVoda configuration or even your complete system!
        Forum Moderator
        BlueVoda Spe******t

Comment

pablo thanks so much for your help, now lets me proceed with attempt to publish without the internet error and program does not stop responding. So half the problem solved. But attempted to publish a page and again only get the directory as shown in post above. Anyone know how to get rid of that off the site, maybe i need to do that before i can publish??

Comment

in case anyone else reading ended up with the same problem i did, ie publishing a directory instead of your pages. Thanks to vodahost support it was a simple fix. I saved my pages with capitol letter ie Index rather than index. The change in regedit worked and stopped the internet error that was stopping me from publishing also.
            For a computer illiterate like me, couldnt ask for a better support team than what voda seems to have.
            Still one problem and that is i havent linked my pages properly but will work on that tonight.

Comment

too early this am: I should clarify, I had posted my pages with capitol letters ie Index, and that published the directory. When i changed it to index, it published correctly.

Comment

Having the same trouble

I have also had the same problems while trying to publish my website - with the index coming up instead of the home page. I have also attempted to publish a couple of other pages and although I get a "successful" message, I can't seem to find the pages on the WWW. I had all my files saved without capital letters, tried changing them to capitals, but that did not solve the problem. I opened a support ticket, and they referred me here. Any advice on what else to try....

Comment

When you name your pages incorrectly, the internet is very
                  unforgiving. You must name every sinlge page exactly as
                  instructed in the below thread. No, ifs, ands or buts.

George Fountakos
                  VodaHost
                  www.VodaHost.com
                  Your Website People
                  +1-302-283-3777 USA / Canada / International
                  (0044) 020 8816 8319 / United Kingdom

Comment

Thank You!!

Oooooh!! It worked - I am so excited!!! So now I run into the next problem, when I publish my other pages, how do I find out what their URL extension is so that I can link the pages to my navigation bars???

Comment

Do I sense that you mean adding ".html" to the name of your other pages?

Please go through http://www.vodahost.com/tut_bluevoda.htm

and specifically the Creating Hyperlinks video

George Fountakos
                      VodaHost
                      www.VodaHost.com
                      Your Website People
                      +1-302-283-3777 USA / Canada / International
                      (0044) 020 8816 8319 / United Kingdom

Comment

I guess I don't really know how to explain what I mean. When I am in Blue Voda design program and open the navigation bar, all the URLs for the navigation buttons are filled in in the following format: ../shop/shop.html. But when I publish the pages and then try the links on the navigation bar through my home page, I get this message:

The page cannot be found
                        The page you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.
                        Please try the following:
                        If you typed the page address in the Address bar, make sure that it is spelled correctly.
                        Open the its****booking.com home page, and then look for links to the information you want.
                        Click the Back button to try another link.
                        Click Search to look for information on the Internet.
                        HTTP 404 - File not found
                        Internet Explorer

I have watched the Hyperlink tutorial 3 times, but it doesn't contain the info I need. Do I need to add something else to the URL??? I think I need to learn more about computers... :0)

Comment

Lets say you own example.com and you want to link to a page called
                          "products" you would typ the below in the url box.

Just like in the below picture. Its really not that hard.

***** :D

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                          1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                          02036089024 / United Kingdom
                          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Originally posted by ImagineThat
                            I guess I don't really know how to explain what I mean. When I am in Blue Voda design program and open the navigation bar, all the URLs for the navigation buttons are filled in in the following format: ../shop/shop.html. But when I publish the pages and then try the links on the navigation bar through my home page, I get this message:

The page cannot be found
                            The page you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.
                            Please try the following:
                            If you typed the page address in the Address bar, make sure that it is spelled correctly.
                            Open the its****booking.com home page, and then look for links to the information you want.
                            Click the Back button to try another link.
                            Click Search to look for information on the Internet.
                            HTTP 404 - File not found
                            Internet Explorer

I have watched the Hyperlink tutorial 3 times, but it doesn't contain the info I need. Do I need to add something else to the URL??? I think I need to learn more about computers... :0)

I had the same problem when I started....

change to ../shop.html

or maunal enter the address as the Great ***** has explained
                            www.bluevodaexchangelink.com
                            BluevodaExchangeLink Help Center
                            Bluevodaexchangelink Forum

The only place for bluevoda site to be linked with!

Comment

Working...
                            X