Upload File failed - PHP Size Limit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upload File failed - PHP Size Limit

I am trying to upload a video file. The upload fails - the error message says the file exceeds the PHP size limit. The file is only 3.5 megs. How do I get around this?

Re: Upload File failed - PHP Size Limit

Not enough info. Where and how are you trying to upload it?

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Never heard of a "php error"....ever! Mo matter: it is a connection issue regarding your ISP.
      Prove this by attempting to send it to yourself (no limitation of file size) via www.YouSendIt.com ......I recently uploaded a 128mb file to another and it pulled it from my computer in less than 2 minutes. On the flip side, downloading a 210mb file from YouSendIt took under 5 minutes, so this indicates nothing of the sort of "file errors" but of connection speed and reliability/availability of static IP's if using an FTP utility.
      . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
      * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

PHP settings for uploads through forms is usually limited to 5 Mb. 3.5 Mb should not be an issue. As Karen said, not enough info.
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Originally posted by navaldesign View Post
          PHP settings for uploads through forms
          OK...."never mind"........
          . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
          * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Kalimera general!
            Navaldesign
            Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
            DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
            Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

I have tried a couple of different ways. I use file manager from the main menu to try to upload a 3.5 meg flash video file. I get a system error. The second thing I tried was to drag the Video File icon onto the edit pages grid. IAdialog box opens to browse to the file, or upload. I click upload, browse to the flash file and click upload. After a few seconds, I get the following message:

Your request to upload failed, please click the back button to select a file or click cancel to close.

The file is bigger than this PHP installation allows

Any ideas?

Comment

By the way, I would like to be able to upload flash files larger than 5 megs. My ISP has no problem with this - I have done this before at other hosters.

Thanks!

Comment

If you are using File Manager there is practically no limit. FTP also. If you do have such a problem, it can only depend on the php setings of your server. Submit a support ticket.
                  Navaldesign

Comment

Also, where is the formatting for this video from? Sometimes there are copyright issues involved and they attatched these to prevent reuploading these files to OTHER sites or recording them. Check to see if it plays on your machine without error.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                    02036089024 / United Kingdom
                    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
                    X