Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding html help please?!

Hi everybody,

I know I'm probable going to be told off for posting this question here, but I'm desperate and as this is the place to be for html I have to try.
    Here goes;
    I use paypal shopping cart buttons from the paypal site.
    I create, copy & paste and woops,there is my button.I contacted paypal to ask if the html codes can be altered to adjust the shipping prices, and they told me I could. So I did, and it works......
    Only problem now is, that when I put 2 of the same items in the shopping cart, it only calculates 1 shipping charge??
    My real question is, does anybody know of a html code, or solution I can add to have the shipping prices added as per product?

Sorry for all the bother, but I've been waiting on paypal for 2 weeks now and my business isn't getting any closer to publishing.
    Thanks for all your time and help, I appreciate it greatly!!!

Karin.
    Strangers are possible Friends I haven't met Yet !.!.!

www.nativetreasures.co.uk

Re: Adding html help please?!

Hi Karin

I cant remember exactly where on paypal, but in your profile you can add say flat rate shipping to the SUBTOTAL of all orders. Now this will only work if you use this acct for this store only, as it will add shipping to EVERY bill or transaction in paypal that you have incoming. I do remember you can set this up its in the third column.. might even be on website payment prefernces..

If you cant find it let me know and I will go look for it there.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Hi Karen,

Yes, I do know where that is and thats what I used at first. But because I cant really calculate my shipping prices fair that way, I asked the helpline of paypal what I could do about it. They told me to tick the little box down the bottom of the shipping & postage setup page which says; to override current P&P tick this box.
      Which would only apply if you would alter the html code.
      This is what the code looks like of one of the buttons;

<input type="hidden" name="shipping" value="3.50">

This is what the code was;

<input type="hidden" name="no_shipping" value="1"> (or 2,3,4)

Now,the first (altered) button does work, but only applies the P&P once? But I did not change anything else?

The second button,where it syas value="" and filled with a number, is the corresponding number of P&P you would have set up in your paypal account, but this you can override (change html) by ticking the box?

Any thoughts? and thanks again Karen :o)
      We surly stick together! lol

Karin

Comment

Personally, Id go back to the flat rate shipping. People LIKE knowing exactly what they pay, and if its slightly higher than the actual cost doesnt seem to stop them from ordering. Sometimes u win and sometimes you lose doing it flat rate.. it averages out in the end, as long as you arent GOUGING and trying to make money over your costs on the shipping part.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Hi Karen,

Yes, I did think of just going back to that, to save myself some agro.
          But, I thought to myself, 'lets go and see for 1 more time if it is working now'?
          and you know what?.......it does!!!!!!!!!!!
          Woohoo, ok I know I will have alot of work now changing all the codes for all the buttons, but this way I can ask for more fair prices.
          Thing is, the biggest item is NOT always more expensive that a smaller item, but would need more P&P because of its size.

Thanks for your help and time though, it's good to know that there are always people looking out for one and other :)

Comment

Working...
          X