How to drive low cost targeted traffic to your website

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to drive low cost targeted traffic to your website

In this article I will outline how you can drive targeted traffic to your website either for no or very little cost by writing and submitting articles. Read on to learn more.

When your website has been created then your next objective is to drive traffic (or visitors) to your website to give it exposure. There are a number of ways to do this including the use of Search Engines, Safelists, PPC (Pay Per Click) Search Engines, Banner Ads, Ezine Ads, Bulk Traffic plus many more methods. Of these methods a Search Engine listing will bring you the best targeted visitors for the least cost. In order to get a high search engine listing however you will need to create backlinks to your website (i.e. hyperlinks to your website from other websites). This can be done best by submitting your website to directories or exchanging links with other websites. However a relatively new and popular way to do this is by writing articles containing a link to your website(s) and posting your articles to article directories. This method gives you free backlinks, which are extremely important to your search engine position, and also gives you free direct targeted visitors when they click on your link in the article.

When you are writing your articles you will need to make sure you are giving people good and useful information and not overtly selling anything in particular. If possible you should try to write about a subject you know a lot about. Write intelligently, making sure you spell check and proofread before you are in a position to show your articles to the world. You could also try to use the same phrase or keyword a few times in your articles to drive the right interest to them.

When you have created a good article or articles then you will need to submit or publish your articles to the web. The first method to do this is by manually submitting your article to article directories. By typing “article directory” and other similar terms in search engines you will easily find a plethora of sites willing to accept your submissions for free. A couple of good article directories to submit to and get you started are www.ezinearticles.com or www.article-world.net .You could also use a special piece of software which will submit your article to multiple article directories for you. A couple of good examples of pieces of software like this are Article Submitter Pro or Article Announcer. A final good method for publishing your articles is to use an article submission service such as Isnare or Article Marketer. These services will submit your article for you to multiple article directories for a fee.

Articles really are one of the most effective and cheapest methods of driving targeted visitors to your website, so good luck and happy writing!

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Re: How to drive low cost targeted traffic to your website

Tell me something vodabot. Is it not a catch 22. You won't get traffic until you can get your opt-in up, and you can't get your opt-in up without getting traffic to your site?
    Bruce Hewitt
    YOU ONLY LIVE ONCE...
    IT MIGHT AS WELL BE TODAY!

http://www.panzoomproperties.com
    http://www.thebabydolls.biz
    bruce@webbrok.com

Comment

Thank you for this useful information VodaBot!

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce Hewitt
        Tell me something vodabot. Is it not a catch 22. You won't get traffic until you can get your opt-in up, and you can't get your opt-in up without getting traffic to your site?
        Bruce,

Hopefully, you already know that your initial efforts to promote your website will be made enormously easier if you have a clearly defined "draw" and a carefuly planned (and penned) business plan...in other words, a real reason to be online, right? Having an enterprise of any sort requires committment to that vision of profitability, and within reason, we understand that it is in direct proportion to the energy we devote to making it come to fruition. So it is with any website.

Granted, you will be able to create unique traffic to your website specifically as a result of visitor searches, provided you have the key word, meta tag, content, relevancy, or links that "structure" your posture as a rankable 'resource' but this should not be your only hope of servicing online users.......you need to also spend time and effort to develop "core" recognizability, either by collecting email addresses you may somehow introduce your site to, advertise the URL as prominently as possible, support with traditional advertising, etc. The old methods of creating "standing" in the SE's by stacking hard-click unique visits still works today, and can be amplified when combined with other metric elements. There is no easy way around this symbiosis of planning and SE Optimization.....

This is exactly what you will see being emphasized throughout many threads and in many manners as "officers" guide newer VodaHost clients: Plan Your Work, and Work Your Plan. Everything from Content development, Page and link relevance, dynamics, KW and Meta, so on. It is a finely woven mesh of unique creativity and VIABILITY that will deliver the results you are reaching for. I might even suggest the tactic of "backing off" from your website, and thinking of it as nothing more than a supplementary tool to support your other enterprise efforts to succeed...then you will better have an opportunity to see the intricracy of balance and emphasis of every byte of information you intend to present!

It is not a "Catch 22" but more of a tapestry, as opposed to the widely-held belief that having a website (no matter how dumpy) will be the means to riches!
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

i previously found an advertisement on ebay that offers 3 million visitors for a fee is this a scam have anyone tried this before?

Comment

If they could get 3 million visitors then they would not need to advertise....

Nothing is free in this life.................
            Have fun
            Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
            Newbies / Beginners Forum
            FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
            My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
            Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

Hello

Hi
              Im Thomas 44 yo from France
              I was looking for a good Provider & I had found a lot & deferents Providers With much propositions !
              And prise too !
              Since I findout your Excellent Site, Im realy Satitsfat & more !
              It's soo rare to findout a provider like VodaHost !!!!
              I know soon I well get my web site at VodaHost ofcourse!
              I hav never seen that before !
              Thank's a Lot !
              & a lot frensh Kiss's !

Comment

Hi You get reason about nothing is free in this life !

Originally posted by davidundalicia
                If they could get 3 million visitors then they would not need to advertise....

Nothing is free in this life.................
                Im looking to can make little money with my site if its possible to make it automatic way!
                have a excellent day

Comment

Re: Hi You get reason about nothing is free in this life !

Originally posted by djigivara
                  Im looking to can make little money with my site if its possible to make it automatic way!
                  have a excellent day
                  Have you thought about adding targeted advertisements to your website?try googles adsense program or if you do a search on google for advertising networks you'll find loads more. This can help bring in a little money if done correctly
                  Arcade Ninja - Free Flash Arcade
                  FreeGadget4me.Com - Learn how to get free gadgets delivered direct to your door for free

Comment

As mentioned above, placing ads (as part of a detailed promotional plan) is one means of providing a larger scope of "construct" that is 'compliant' with the SE's, but the hidden elements to these programs are not always truly beneficial: Google especially, has added controls and data collection metrics to their AdSense, and often links your site's ranking to the level of your program participation -- not exactly a fair metric.

Secondly, the "communities" of preferred/participating sites are not ranked fairly by the competing SE's as a result, thus upsetting the balance and relegating the performance of your website to serve narrowly cast purposes other than merit true ranking and net position based on the standard constructs and compliances....It's like the SE's saying, "Your site is not really important unless you play our game, no matter how perfect the construct or how unique and valuable your Content and overall relevancy is!"
                    > You can't have it both ways.......either you merit rank (and can thus sustain it independently) or piggyback the rungs as high as you can.

Comment

Re: Hi You get reason about nothing is free in this life !

Originally posted by Mook25
                      Have you thought about adding targeted advertisements to your website?try googles adsense program or if you do a search on google for advertising networks you'll find loads more. This can help bring in a little money if done correctly
                      Thank's a lot ! Have a nice time !

Comment

article marketing will get you great backlinks to your site. If you offer a product or service, it is by far one of the easiest ways to position yourself as an expert. By posting to ezine and isnare with multiple articles where in the "about the author" section you have a link and back to your site, you can get great backlinks that google loves, especially if they have great content.

For the site in my sig, I lost a top ranking, then got it back after I wrote articles that related to the keywords I was trying to get number 1 for and it put me back at number one after a week, being that it crawled the article from ezine.

Cheers,

Scott
                        Videoproduceronline.com - Join An Elite Group of Online Businesses Using Professional Direct Response Video That Mesmerizes Website Visitors With A Call To Action.

Comment

Good article,

As this is still way new for me I'm going to ask the questions I have even if they show I not know what I do but intend on learning.

Suppose I want to submit an article to ezine would I write it in ms word then cut and paste on their site or Do I need some other program to write it on and then submit. I would hate to write an article then find out it isn't compatible with the place I'm going to use it. Can I write my article on a bv webpage then cut and paste? What are my choices.

Thanks
                          Lose the Weight

Comment

Thanks!

-Jacksparrow_6
                            sigpic
                            Jacksparrow_6

Comment

bump!

Comment

Working...
                              X