Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Website without Tables, Frames or JavaScript?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Website without Tables, Frames or JavaScript?

Hi,

I am building my first personal website, and since I have had way too much experience with HTML tables and iFrames, I want to leave those bits out. It would be nice to also give JavaScript a miss, but I suspect I will have to use some to cater for cross-browser incompatibilities.

So, my idea is to have a site which uses css2, xhtml, aspx and master pages. Since I am learning C# .Net, that seems to be a good back-end technology to utilise. I have bumped into PHP in various circumstances over the past few years, but have never really done anything with it.

Has anyone else gone down the same path, and does BlueVoda support aspx documents and css stylesheets? Would it also support C# .Net dll's?

I know that this is a very abstract question, and it may even be in the wrong place on the forum... but hopefully there is going to be some light at the end of the tunnel

Thanks,

Extemporaneous
    VH #: 17113
    Not Live yet: gofractal.com
    Live, but not final: abolins.ws

Re: Website without Tables, Frames or JavaScript?

VH servers do not support asp pages (due to linux) so the rest becomes a theoretical discussion.

Also, in my opinion, if you want to use all of the above, you do not need a html generator (that's what BV is) but an editor. A generator does not allow full control over the generated code so you would have some problems embedding all those external parts.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Hi, you may also find this freebbie handy. HTML editor.
      Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Thanks to both of you (NavalDesign & Chris)!

Getting everything up and running with ASP .Net wasn't necessarily the path I had committed to. It just seemed to make sense. However, knowing that even if I create a really cool site in ASP .Net, it will not function properly (if at all) on a Linux Server was very useful info.

So, I have had a look at the suggested free HTML Editor, and while it may end up on the big pile of other editors I have, it is very intuitive while still allowing me full control over the code (which, being a programmer, is very important to me).

So, how does a programmer (since 1984) end up making a faux pas as I did? Simple - you get stuck in a rut with a client, and new technologies pass you by. Of course - I felt very silly since I should have known that ASP is a MS technology and therefore most likely not supported by Unix/Linux servers.

In any case - thanks

I will continue to ask silly questions, if you don't mind...

Extemporaneous...

Comment

In my opinion, Javascript is one of the most powerfull languages and is, ofcourse, necessary to be able to run AJAX script (in my opinion the best way to create interactive sites, combined with php). I can't see why you want to avoid it. I also don't understand what is the problem with tables. They are a standard html feature, and ABSOLUTELY necessary for certain tasks.
          Navaldesign
          Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
          X