How to insert flash files on webpage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to insert flash files on webpage

I am working on a website and have changed Powerpoint Slideshow files into Flash. This conversion gives me several files: Data, Images, Power Point and Slides. I have inserted the images from the 'slides' file, they are inserted as individual images, 'one on top of the other'. My question is: will this turn into a slideshow on the web? I can not see the slideshow in the preview browser. Am I doing something wrong? SHould I not be able to see the moving images now already? Any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated. WOuld like to know that I am doing the correct thing before continuing with all the pages.
    Thanks for a response. Gabrielle
    Last edited by gabriellevonbernstorff; 09-03-2007, 08:29 AM. Reason: The emphasis of the questions has shifted

Re: How to insert flash files on webpage

I am assuming you are asking about inserting a Flash 'slideshow' onto a Blue Voda webpage, and which file you are needing to embed.....such as seen in the header and slideshow on this website I have done.

IF this is the case, the process is simple:
    1. Using the "f" (Flash) icon on the left side of the BV browser, create a "Flash" script box on your page;

2. Merely re-size it to the appropriate size and/or area you wish it to present (not larger than originally created in Flash, however, to prevent image distortion which is very obvious);

3. Double-click on the new BV-Flash box, and you will see a BROWSE button to search for the proper file to 'insert' (associate);

4. Locate in your computer the specific ".swf" file that is your slideshow, and select that file.....exit the dialog box once properly selected;

5. Save page, and PREVIEW page to proof your positioning and sizing of your BV-Flash box, as there is always a margin of error < you will note that if you have chosen the proper ".swf" slideshow file, it WILL be viewable in PREVIEW >

6. If acceptable, re-save page, and PUBLISH.

If you are having a hard time 'finding' you slideshow, this is the first lesson of proper naming of files for your own sanity...LOL....The other files created by Flash are resident to the software itself, and are only necessary to load up to your server if you wish to have your site be hard-core Flash entirely: the "presentation and animation" files in Flash are always identified by the ".swf" extension.
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Vasili

thank you for walking me throgh the process! Greatly appreciated!
      Did I understand correctly that I don't have to insert each slide individually?

Best wishes Gabrielle

Comment

Originally posted by gabriellevonbernstorff View Post
        Vasili

thank you for walking me throgh the process! Greatly appreciated!
        Did I understand correctly that I don't have to insert each slide individually?

Best wishes Gabrielle
        No, Gabrielle....each slide file....(you already created your Flash file with individual slide images)....however, in BV, only one Flash file association per BV-Flash box.
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Thanks Vasili
          greatly appreciate the help.
          Gabrielle

Comment

Originally posted by gabriellevonbernstorff View Post
            Thanks Vasili
            greatly appreciate the help.