Previewing Flash Presentation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Previewing Flash Presentation

Hello. I am putting together a website for the first time. So here goes a perhaps stupid question. I am introducing a flash slideshow presentation of paintings for my website. I can not see the slideshow in the preview, only one image still. Am I doing something wrong? Should I be able to see the images in the preview moving? Do I need to add a flash activator button to the page to view the flash presentation?
    Answers are greatly appreciated. Have already gotten great help form this wonderful forum! Thanks a million. Gabrielle

Re: Previewing Flash Presentation

ummm ... well you might find when you are trying to preview a security setting may appear at the top of your computer which you will need to click and allow the action ... you should then be able to preview the show .. If this does not help try and publish the page and see if we can all see it ... I notice General Vasili gave you the steps, so I am sure you are doing things correct ...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Dear Lady Eye,
      thanks for your response. I have undone the security setting, this is the only way to see an image at all, it is still. No slideshow as it should be. Can't publish just yet, have too many things undecided. Perhaps it is possible to resolve this issue via this forum. The way I understood Gnereal Vasili I should be able to view the slideshow in the preview? Could there be something wrong with my template? I wonder. I have followed all of General Vasili's steps. So it should be working.
      Best wishes Gabrielle

Comment

Be sure you have selected "Autostart" in PROPERTIES of your BV-Flash box.....since it is a slideshow in Flash, you should have previously configured the "Loop" attribute during the Flash build: this is why you see the first panel but not the "action" expected.

If you have selected Autostart in PROPERTIES of your BV-Flash box and continue to see only the first panel image, the fault is in your Flash slideshow build, requiring you to go back in and configure the "Loop" command: simply make modifications, re-save the ".swf" file and re-insert into your BV-Flash box. (This can be the only solution, insofar as you do in fact see the single image panel of the slideshow rather than nothing at all)
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Dear Vasili
          I am working on rectifying the problem. Thank you for all your advice. It is keeping me moving which is great.
          Best wishes
          Gabrielle

Comment

Versagodt! Alle bra!
            (i Norsk)

Comment

I don't know whether it is common in this forum to just add to a post? I published another thread on this subject, unfortunately in the wrong category! Sorry for that. So here goes. The preview problem in the BV browser is persisting. I have followed all of Vasili's advice and steps and still the preview is just a still image although it moves as a slideshow in the authorpoint flash view. This means that the flashfile is working. Don't know why it does not in BV Preview Browser. Property settings are on 'autostart' and 'loop'. Any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks Gabrielle

Comment

This indicates that the file has either been configured incorrectly, or saved using a format or extension that is inappropriate (needs to be .swf).

Without looking at both your page and the file in question it would be extremely difficult to find the error, and I am not in the position to evaluate personally at this time: if you wish to send a copy of the Flash file to me HERE, I will try myself to use it on a BV page, and scrutinize it for you when I get to my Home Office later tonight.

Comment

Dear Vasili, I just sent you one of the files. Many thanks for the offer. It is greatly appreciated. Oh, I just remebered, I took out the loop on this slideshow setting. (I have been playing around, trying all settings possible just to see if there is a difference.)
                  best wishes Gabrielle

Comment

Dear Vasili,

the address you have on your mail is not working. Could you send the address again please? (My mail reply says 'address error')
                    thanks Gabrielle

Comment

THIS is a valid email address (which can receive large files), as is THIS (if need be, although files larger than 1mb should be zipped).

Comment

Dear Vasili

the first addresses refused the mail again, the second seems to have accepted it. Thanks again. I look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely Gabrielle

Comment

No, neither one is properly processing a 3.85mb file....in fact, "the second one" is locked up trying, which is preventing my regular email traffic as well.

Please ZIP the file first, and then re-send it to this email address and "cc" it to this email address.

>> If this proves too complicated, go here to create a Free account and follow the instructions to send it to me (after zipping this file first, of course)

Comment

I am profusely sorry about clogging up your mail, but I did zip the file first!? I will rezip the file and resend it to the addresses given by you.
                            Gabrielle

Comment

Done....no problem (check your email). I took care of it.

Comment

Working...
                              X