Minimum Order on PayPal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minimum Order on PayPal

How do I set up a minimum order on PayPal? Example - the minimum order is 5 stickers for $5.00. After the minimum, the price is $1.00 per sticker,

How do I set this up? How do I edit the html?

Thank you

Andrea

Re: Minimum Order on PayPal

Not sure if that's possible. You may have to set up varied purchases in quantities of fives?

so 5 stickers = $
    10 = $
    15 = $

I'm not 100% sure how that can be done either, you might have to play around with it.

It also depends on if you are just using the BV paypal buttons (as they are very limited) or using the paypal cart system itself.

Hopefully someone else who knows a bit more than me on this will give you a definite answer. Failing that just contact paypal themselves.

Best of luck
    Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Simply create your "buttons" accordingly.....each button is coded for each specific purchase item or transacted amount, and code is generated individually in said fashion. But....you would have found that out after trying to do your first one, right? LOL

* Setting a minimum perchase on your cart defeats your whole purpose: it is never normal to create a minimum threshold for online transactions (despite any added shipping or handling fees)! The whole idea is to fully serve the desires of customers, not to make them cough up according to your expectations....why make it more difficult for clients to convert?
      . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
      * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Originally posted by Vasili View Post
        Simply create your "buttons" accordingly.....each button is coded for each specific purchase item or transacted amount, and code is generated individually in said fashion. But....you would have found that out after trying to do your first one, right? LOL

* Setting a minimum purchase on your cart defeats your whole purpose: it is never normal to create a minimum threshold for online transactions (despite any added shipping or handling fees)! The whole idea is to fully serve the desires of customers, not to make them cough up according to your expectations....why make it more difficult for clients to convert?
        Vasili, it is fine to say 'serve the desires of the customers' but to what expense?

If the sale of one sticker is not a viable business transaction for the company selling the stickers without charging a fee that would not be justifiable to the consumer than a minimum qty must prevail. You see minimum qty stipulations in products all over the world.

Have you heard of our national premium bonds over here in the UK? You used to be able to buy them in qty's of one at a price of £1, that was 30 years ago... now the minimum is £100... and THEN you can buy them in £1 incriments after that.

I can't buy single cigarrettes... I have to buy a minimum of 20.

etc etc...
        Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Your issue hold no merit, bro......especially when it comes to how it "fits" into the aspect of selling online.

If the website does in fact decide that a "minimum order" must be esablished, then you must likewise structure your transactional Policy (if using PayPal) by so configuring the code for the Buy Buttons, as I explained above. Simply create a "minimum package" to total the amount you have set as a threshold purchase for your website (5 packs of stickers instead of 1 for a set price). All or nothing.....which is the principle I alluded to as part of the core marketing strategy of your website: how pricing structures skew the overall marketability of a website according to the conversion, and eventual ROI. Many have overcome this dilemma buy offering "packaged" assortments, for example, or a pack of multiples within a theme. The solution may be just a matter of your ability as a creative merchant to serve the "desires of the consumer" moreso than you own. Technically (the topic of this thread) the solution has been mentioned now a few times.....the "style" of that solution is not worth getting into for me....

Other eCommerce solutions (like Soholaunch and OSC) have a means to add an abstract "Handling Charge" for items/total cart purchases below a set amount, and some merely work it into a "Shipping" cost.....however you do it, it is up to you.

The posture of stating that 'Minimum Pruchases' is something of a standard practice is something I take issue with, however, and am sure that another of my recent posts elsewhere prove this not to be the case.

Comment

Your issue hold no merit, bro......especially when it comes to how it "fits" into the aspect of selling online.

If the website does in fact decide that a "minimum order" must be esablished, then you must likewise structure your transactional Policy (if using PayPal) by so configuring the code for the Buy Buttons, as I explained above. Simply create a "minimum package" to total the amount you have set as a threshold purchase for your website (5 packs of stickers instead of 1 for a set price). All or nothing.....which is the principle I alluded to as part of the core marketing strategy of your website: how pricing structures skew the overall marketability of a website according to the conversion, and eventual ROI. Many have overcome this dilemma buy offering "packaged" assortments, for example, or a pack of multiples within a theme. The solution may be just a matter of your ability as a creative merchant to serve the "desires of the consumer" moreso than you own. Technically (the topic of this thread) the solution has been mentioned now a few times.....the "style" of that solution is not worth getting into for me....

Other eCommerce solutions (like Soholaunch and OSC) have a means to add an abstract "Handling Charge" for items/total cart purchases below a set amount, and some merely work it into a "Shipping" cost.....however you do it, it is up to you.

The posture of stating that 'Minimum Pruchases' is something of a standard practice is something I take issue with, however, and am sure that another of my recent posts elsewhere prove this not to be the case.
            Vasili my friend, the question was first posted by someone selling $1 stickers (probably from home) and not a multi million dollar empire. I love and respect your knowledge, it fascinates (and confuses) me at the same time, however, just occasionaly you need to bend down to talk to the 'real people' out there. Probably a majority of blue vodians are home made jewellery sellers or granny's knitted mittens sellers. These people don't have business plans, profit and loss reports... They don't have website marketing startegies.... They just have a few bills they are wanting help to pay?

I run several very sucessful busineses and my answers to some of the posts on here may not be how I or you would do things, but you have to realise at some point that not everyone is Bill Gates.

Comment

LOL
              Point understood (again!). Nor am I a Bill Gates, but I do believe that there are a lot of 'potentials' out there, if their path to success is well-planned and undertaken with detailed focus.....

Or a least a whole buch of neighborhood "Giants"!

Comment

LOL
                Point understood (again!). Nor am I a Bill Gates, but I do believe that there are a lot of 'potentials' out there, if their path to success is well-planned and undertaken with detailed focus.....

Or a least a whole buch of neighborhood "Giants"!
                What it is to either stumble, marry into or genuinely come up with a world shattering idea like these guys and just have so much money that if you set fire to half of it every day it wouldn't matter!!!!

Comment

JAMNLTD: you can do it by replacing the PayPal button code with a form that you create and where the quantity is filled by the user, using a validation (offered within BV) to make sure that the quantity is no less than 5. This way you can sell ANY quantity (not only packs of 5) that is larger than 5. And, with only one PayPal button.
                  The rest of the fields required by the PayPal code have to be added as hidden fields in the form.
                  Make sure that your code does NOT allow users to change the quantity on the PayPal site, so the quantity will always remain higher than 5.

As said, you can easily do it using a BV form and a bit of Javascript. Have a look at http://www.dbtechnosystems.com/Tips/...ty_paypal.html

I have gone a bit further, displaying also the value.

A simpler solution, displaying only the quantity: http://www.dbtechnosystems.com/Tips/...y_paypal1.html

You simply create a BV form with the PayPal code, and fields for quantity and value, or only quantity 8in the second case) and using BV's own validation.
                  Navaldesign
                  Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
                  Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                  DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                  Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Oh my. I didn't realize what a debate my questions would start.LOL

I am selling my Forget Me Not Vehicle Safety Stickers for $1.00, to make them as inexpensive to the customer as possible. The sticker is my way of educating the public about hyperthermia and dying children left alone in a car, 25 this year to date. I charge no postage or handling fees. I am not in this to make money, but to save lives.

I ask for the minium order because I have had customers buy one or two, then decide they need one for their other car, the grandparent's car, etc. i.e. two per car, plus for two car family, plus extra for entry to business. Sending a minimum of 5 prevents me from sending that customer one sticker or two at a time and the costs of postage per order.

Andrea

Comment

Although I enjoyed the banter, I found this on a nother site...

I hope it helps.

- J -

Comment

Working...
                      X