Google crawl on new pages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Google crawl on new pages

Hi, just wondering should the spider crawler go over your entire site everytime? The only reason I ask is I have added a new page however I think the spider has ignored that page completely. Is there a way that we can submit for google to crawl that page next time it comes around or do I just sit and be patient :)
    Thanking you, Leanne

Re: Google crawl on new pages

Hey Leanne

I mentioned this in your other thread but Google Analytics is a great resource. Create an account and you can list your URL's you want crawled. Analytics can even show you where your visitors have come from and will even show the path they take through your pages.

Hey I got married in Victoria, down in the sunny Gippsland area.
    Phil Cartledge (Aussie Phil)

Discover A Simple Approach To Online Business That Locks In Your Success.

Comment

Originally posted by philipc9635 View Post
      Hey Leanne

I mentioned this in your other thread but Google Analytics is a great resource. Create an account and you can list your URL's you want crawled. Analytics can even show you where your visitors have come from and will even show the path they take through your pages.

Hey I got married in Victoria, down in the sunny Gippsland area.
      Thanks Philipc9635 but I really don't understand the Google Analytics at all.

So if you got married in Victoria why are you in Western Australia????
      I am nowhere near Gippsland! I am 30 minutes from the City. Montmorency to be exact which is near Eltham and Greensborough. Nice to be talking to you.

Comment

Be patient it can take up to forty five days for google to show results for pages it has spidered.
        Never Let a Kind word go Un said!

Soy Candles

Comment

Hey Leanne

Google Analytics isn't too hard and they give you a small snippet of code you place in the BETWEEN HEAD tag on you page properties. This enables them to analyse your site for visitors and keywords.

In answer to your first question I am a West Aussie and I met my wife in Gippsland some 18 years ago whilst working over there.
          Phil Cartledge (Aussie Phil)

Discover A Simple Approach To Online Business That Locks In Your Success.

Comment

OK - Does this new page have links to it from other pages on your site? How deep does the spider have to go to get to a link to this page?

There are a lot of variables for how/when a spider will index a new page, but most important is that the page has links to it that are easy for the spider to find.

And, no, the spiders may not index every page every time they index your site.

As to submitting pages - any pages - that's not the best way to have pages found - the links are - from within the site - or from other sites.
            Beth
            A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
            SEO - The Basics

Comment

Working...
            X