META TAGS for web search

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• META TAGS for web search

Ok, No that the site is up and i am in listing on google....

When i type in for ex. creative touches clay.... i see the site but under it list the links which are text links..... i have added a page description to my pages but what i wrote is not coming up.... plus LOL when i posted it to show my mom but so know one else could see it i had a rough (this is more or less where we will but text areas with just blah blah blah in it) and that is actually coming up in the google discription instead of what i want it to say....

ok so where am i going wrong... do i put a discription in the page properties or is that wrong

www.creativetouchescanada.com

Re: META TAGS for web search

go into BV and right click OUTSIDE of your site area, then click on page properties and enter your page title, description and keywords as from what I can see you have none of these. This should improve it then.

Do it for every page by the way
    Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

I think what I am understanding from what you are saying is that at that time google crawled your site, this is what was on your site, it doesn't automatically change for some time. It just all depends what they find when they crawl your site, they will crawl again and will find your new page content ... and yes you do put a description in your page properties, like you have.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

thank-you

Comment

Google will sometimes use a description it chooses best represents the search results from your page instead of the description you would like it to use. There is nothing you can do about this. I hope that makes some sense to help you.
          Never Let a Kind word go Un said!

Soy Candles

Comment

ok i think i got things going good ty for your help

Comment

I got the same sort of thing. If you google ufindabiz, you see bits and pieces from forum posts. Naturally this is not want we want people to see. Where you able to remove your "blah,blah,blah" (lol)? Or did you have to wait until the SE picked up your page the way you wanted it to? If you were able to remove the Blah Blah, how did you do it?

Lucy
              www.UFindABiz.com
              www.reikiforhorses.ca
              Balance Your Horse's Energy For Self-Healing
              www.lucynixon.ca
              Reiki For Pets and Their People
              www.ufindahorse.com
              Work In Progress

Comment

Lucy,
                Actually that's because that's about all the se's can find about you. As your site is around longer and you have more links out there to it - you won't be seeing many of the posts from forums. And don't expect people to see those - as they aren't going to find you by your name - they don't know it.
                Beth
                A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
                SEO - The Basics

Comment

Thanks Beth,

May I just take this opportunity to say that you have been so very helpful!

I have been with VH for about 2 months now (I think) and I have been reading alot of the forums to learn as much as I can.

Your posts are most helpful! Please keep up the good work. It makes us "newbie's" life so much easier!

Take care and have a great day!
                  www.reikiforhorses.ca
                  Balance Your Horse's Energy For Self-Healing
                  www.lucynixon.ca
                  Reiki For Pets and Their People
                  www.ufindahorse.com
                  Work In Progress

Comment

Sorry for my delay in responding - have been on the road -

Thanks for the compliment! And please ask if you have questions.
                    Beth
                    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
                    SEO - The Basics

Comment

Working...
                    X