Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Site review

Hi
    I just found the information to my husbands username & password. So I am here asking for a site review. I would appreciate it if someone could have a look see. I revamped it. Changed colors and some text. I hope it is good. Thank you in advance.

Best Regards
    Carol

Re: Site review

that looks better than it did, i think, was the background green before?

www.easyincome24-7.com

Comment

Yes the backround was green before. Thank you for the replay.

Carol

Comment

I like it better too. It looks more organized.

You're husband is going to be surprised when he sees the changes you've made...hee hee!

Two little things I noticed; change the background on all of the pages, 2 are still green; correct spelling in nav bar "college"
        Vicki

www.staceygoldendesigns.net

Comment

Hi, I'm sorry it took me so long to get back here, had a problem with husband. Thank you for the kind words about the site, I fixed the spelling in the nav. bar. I am waiting for my resources page to get done, all the other pages have been done. I am also thinking about changing the header, I am not completely satisfied with the one that I used. I'll let you know.Again thank you.

Regards
          Carol

PS, My husband is aware of the changes I made and approves of them, he really likes them.

Comment

Hi, I just published the home page with a new header and was wondering if someone could go and look, when you all have time. I wanted some ones opion be for I do any more pages. Thank you in advence.

Regards
            Carol

Comment

G'day Carol,

I'm an amateur at site building but a constant web surfer of some 11 years. I like the simplicity in getting your products to the viewer by categories etc. Having said that, I am going to be a bit more critical of appearance to "me" as a viewer.

You said you are changing the Header for the home page. .... It looks fine except for the marquee. It is better than any of the other pages. However, I hope you are going to be able to set EVERY page with the Exactly the same header. (Preferably a template using Navaldesigns php in css and HTML box .... http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/blu...ge-bv-php.html The reason being, is that all your other pages have a number of variations in text and positioning of text etc.

I think marquees have there place but in this instance I don't think they are suitable. They are tiring after a very short time. Especially having two within view at the same time. Also, the second one about your discount is obviously in your template and appears on pages like Policy, About Us etc. etc. Not needed there and wears very thin :(

I believe it's easier on the eye when pages are uniform and it certainly makes a site more professional. Hence, I also dislike the positioning of Add to Cart buttons. Some pages they are close to the price others they are wider apart from price. To me, flicking from page to page they jump dramatically and it becomes obvious the design is different.

I'm not a fan of page transitions either but least of all the effect of this one. Depends on viewers connection speed. For me it has two quick circles stages. You might want to try a different one?

Hope my critique is helpful to you and not taken personally.

Question .... is the site named after Hubby?????

Cheers,
              Rick
              ps> College Football button not linked to a viewable page.

Comment

Carol, there are just a couple of other things i think need tweaking. The area where you put the page category headings. A bit inconsistent in Text Placement. i.e. space between Header and Page Detail. Also, some pages like Sports, you need to put a space after comma between words.

I can tell each page has been built freehand. 'cause even the iSafe Site logo changes position from page to page.

Over the course of time, I suggest you study navaldesigns method of creating the templates with HTML boxes to get all those elements to load into exactly the same position on each page. Once done, it's easy to manage changes and you'll be laughin'

Kind regards,
                Rick

Comment

Hi Rick

Thank you for the honest feed back on my site. I just got this message and it is not taken personally in fact I was glad you said what you said. I am going to publish the rest of the site and then I'm going to work on the single menu page for the header.

The nav bar is already done in that way. My husband did it sometime ago. I may have some trouble with this because I do not know any html code. I may have to come here for a lot of help. Again thank you for the honest feed back I'll be in touch.

Best Regards
                  Carol

PS, Yes it was named after him.

Comment

Hi All

I am back for another site review. I would appreciate it if someone, (when they get the time chance) could go and check it out. I made a lot of changes. Please someone go for it.
                    Thank you in advance.

Regards

Carol

Comment

Hi,

I have been away for a while but I am back now. I have made some very big changes on Grumpys store and have also gone and reopened www.serenityindooroutdoorfountains.com. in BV. I would sure appreciate it someone when they get the time to go and check both sites out. serenity is still being built so all the pages are not there but they will be in a few days. Thanks in advance for all your help.

MERRY CHRISTMAS Everyone!

Best Regards

Chuck

Comment

Working...
                      X