X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Link Style Question

Please look at this page

Hover over the link at the top that reads 'Back To Home Page'

You should see that it changes from white text - blue background to blue text - white background. This is correct.

However, now click on this page:

And do the same.... Nothing happens? I swear to you EVERYTHING is correct. and it has been working for months. Just suddenly the link style will not work.

Can anyone advise?
    Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Re: Weird Link style Issue!

hehehehe, Marincky, I've been dealing with a similar issue on one of my webpages since June. I hope you'll get yours resolved and fixed and please let me know if someone else provides a solution so that the next time I need to fix my page again, I'll know exactly what's causing it.
    Where's Your Life Going? You might find some help here: http://www.ourjourneytolife.com/banners3.html
    Who is Pristinelife? http://ourjourneytolife.com/aboutme.html

Comment

I have never come across this before it's really annoying. I hope you get yours sorted soon too.

Anyone out there??? HELP!!!!!
      Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Well theres no riddle to solve.. look at your source code. Your HOME PAGE Buttons have this..

<font style="font-size:16px" color="#FFFFFF" face="Tahoma"><b><a href="http://www.steppin-out.co.uk/" class="style1">Home Page</a> | <a
        And the BACK TO HOME has this:

<font style="font-size:16px" color="#FFFFFF" face="Tahoma"><b><a href="http://www.steppin-out.co.uk/" class="style2">Back To Home Page</a></b></font></div>
        Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

I wish it were that simple Karen.!

Style 2 for the second page is exactly the same style as style 1 on the first page because I had to use style 1 for a different link on the first page.

What I am trying to say is that style 1 should exactly the same as style 2.

I have also tries changing it to style 1, I have tried removing ALL the styles and starting again, I have tried everything I can Karen.

You just have to believe me that if it were that simple I wouldn't be askin the question.

It's as if the style editing box has got stuck in time... I have tried changing the links to illuminous pink with brown spots on but it makes no difference.

Basically, whether anyone believes me or not but the STYLE BOX HAS AN ISSUE!!! Not me : - )

Comment

Karen.... I'll send you the page if you want to try changing it yourself?

Comment

Can someone pleaseeeeee help me with this issue as it's now getting worse. Some of the 'music sample' buttons are now not appearing. I have completely rebuilt this page yet it still does the same thing (see first post)

Comment

It appears you have your issue taken care of ..

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Originally posted by LadyEye View Post
                  It appears you have your issue taken care of ..
                  Not at all. Problem still there.

Comment

Send me the page and any images you used to do it and ill see if can figure it out. I cant promise but I will try. It appears fixed to me onsite, but perhaps if you send and explain I can see what you are looking at.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Hi karen,

I've got it working again, but the only thing is I lose it again if I add as much as one more link????

So when my customer tells me he wants another link on that page he's got no chance!

It's weird, I played with it all day and nothing makes sense, it's as if it knows I am adding another link and then it says 'bugger him, I'm going to mess his page up'

There is definitely a bug in the system somewhere.

Comment

I think the issue is you are making them all individual menu bars instead of doing them 4 at a time and getting overlap issues. Try putting four of them in one bar and see if that doesnt solve the issue.. that way all four have the same properties and not the room for error or a slight variation. You can adjust the spacing and move all 4 where you want.

I did one on your page and sent it back to you to give you an idea what i mean.. i didnt link them up tho.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Got your email Karen, thank you for taking the time to help sort this out. Your idea appears to have worked and I can't thank you enough. Thank you for a quick response and thank you for actually understanding what I was on about. Shame the tech support tickets don't come through to you!!

Thanks a lot Karen

Comment

Ramsey

Youre welcome. Sometimes we dont see the forest for the trees! Speshully when we look at them all day.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Re: Link Style Question

Originally posted by Marincky View Post
                              Please look at this page

Hover over the link at the top that reads 'Back To Home Page'

You should see that it changes from white text - blue background to blue text - white background. This is correct.

However, now click on this page:

And do the same.... Nothing happens? I swear to you EVERYTHING is correct. and it has been working for months. Just suddenly the link style will not work.

Can anyone advise?

Obviously it's the software. I've used BlueVoda 7 for along time and never had a problem with it, I downloaded the new BlueVoda software and have had nothing but problems with it. The bad thing baout it is, you can't get anyone on this forum to help you because obviously they must know that the new software is full of glitches.

Comment

Working...
                              X