Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Contact forms????

Hi all,

I have a form on my site that i created using Navaldesigns tutorial and it works perfectly. Now i'm getting a bit more confident i was wondering if i could modify it.
    At the moment it has a single .php page that tells you if you have made an error on the form and also then tells you that the request has been sent!.....What i would like to do is have one page with a logo for the errors (like a stop sign!!) and then another one for when all is good on the form and it has been sent (like a smiley face!)

i hope i'm making sense.

Thanks

Kev

www.indigohairdesigns.com

Re: Contact forms????

From what i have seen on your site, you are NOT using ABVFP (and consequently non MY tutorial).

If, instead, you did use ABVFP, you can create and use your own condirmation and error pages, which you can build as you like.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

This form was created using bluevoda?!?!...i'm sure it was your tutorial.
      it was created with bluevoda and i think it involves a process123 page!...is this the correct area i'm going down?
      how can i make a second process123 page to display when all the info is correct?

Comment

Let me explain: the form is created in BV allright. BUT, it wasn't the form i was talking about, but the processing script. "process123.php" is a script that has derived from the basic script, with the addition of some validation, developed by Andy128. In this script, some of the fields are validated for lenght, and presence of the @ character.

Scripts like that can perform the best validation, as each field is validated case by case. However, it has to be handcoded. As long as you have some experience, everyting is fine. If you don't things might get a bit complicated. That's why ABVFP was created, in order to allow all these tasks without effort (no hand coding).
        Navaldesign
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Sorry Navaldesign, i can see where the confusion is now!...i have only just realised what ABVFP is!..i created this form about 18 months ago with another titorial and yes, had to code some of it to suit my site. I will give this advanced one a go!
          Thanks for your responses anyhow!

Kev

Comment

I am new to this forum so I decided to jump in feet first.

1) Created a form with 40 fields. About 5 of the fields are showing up in the browser in light yellow. I checked the field properties and the color selected is white, not light yellow. How do I fix this - It does not do justice to the form looks??

I am attaching the BV form file of the rfqsubmit form

Please advise???
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by iscuba11 View Post
              I am new to this forum so I decided to jump in feet first.

1) Created a form with 40 fields. About 5 of the fields are showing up in the browser in light yellow. I checked the field properties and the color selected is white, not light yellow. How do I fix this - It does not do justice to the form looks??

I am attaching the BV form file of the rfqsubmit form

Please advise???
              Also, my link to the .pdf file does not work - uploaded by FTP Manager file faxrfqform.pdf. Button properties - Action etc. match (but it has the .php suffix) and were done like the instructions stated. The browser opens, Acrobat tries to load, then the whole screen locks up - Advice will be welcomed on this. Try it for yourself since my file is attached.

Comment

Your fields are white. Some of them might appear yellow if you have Google's toolbar installed on your computer, with the Autofill feature enabled. This feature turns to yellow that form fields that it can autofill, so that the user knows it.

Your PDF downloaded just fine, no problem at all.
                Navaldesign

Comment

Thanks for the information - Sure enough, I had autofill turned on. I turned it off. One step closer to a useable website - This is exciting!! Thanks you so much. I have a few other link problems, but I will get it all working soon with some help (hopefully not much in the future). Thanks Again!!!

Fred

Comment

Working...
                  X