Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it posible to hide a h1 tag from the viewer but show it to crawlers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it posible to hide a h1 tag from the viewer but show it to crawlers?

Is it posible to hide a h1 tag from the viewer but show it to the crawlers? If so what would be the best location. Start of Page, Between Head Tag or Inside Body Tag?

Re: Is it posible to hide a h1 tag from the viewer but show it to crawlers?

Originally posted by T Scott View Post
    Is it posible to hide a h1 tag from the viewer but show it to the crawlers? If so what would be the best location. Start of Page, Between Head Tag or Inside Body Tag?

Hi, it's not a good idea to do so. You should first of all build your pages for your viewers with search engines in mind ... this would be cheating to do this and if caught you could be banned from google ... you wouldn't want this ...

You should have a look at Beth's guide for seo ...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Yes, I do agree. Problem is, I use a photo for my header or title, and was wondering of a way to ad <h1> to help in SE's. My pages are built for the user but figured I needed to buff up SE results. Are headers or H!, H2,etc. added automatically with Blue Voda, or to they have to be installed mannually through code.

I'm Goofy, I know.
      Thanks Anyway

Comment

Yes you could make it an h1 and hide it, and it would appear if your image didnt for some reason, but.. that rather defeats the purpose of the h1 tag. It was originally done that way for seeing impaired for the voice programs that read sites. Not really a smart thing to do if you want credit for the h1 to start with and in my opinion a waste of programming and time. Anytime you start using these things for the wrong purpose can get you in trouble as Lady as already explained.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Technically speaking, adding a h1 tag is very simple; type your text, whatever you like. Make it the font and colour you want(keep in mind though that the text will be rendered as bold due to the h tags). Then right click on the text, and select HTML. In the window that opens, click on Before Tag and type<h1> . Then click on After Tag and type </h1>.

Attention: i have explained the technical part of it. The comments made by the above two Ladies remain more than valid. So pay attention.
          Navaldesign
          Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thanks to all. Think I got it!

Comment

Working...
            X