Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Never Worry About Your Pc Crashing Ever Again!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Never Worry About Your Pc Crashing Ever Again!

Found a great program... www.carbonite.com/

Basically you work away on your pc as usual and everything (and I mean EVERYTHING) gets backed up automatically onto their servers. Your pictures, your BLUE VODA WEBSITE PAGES, Your word docs, your excel docs, your personal documents, the lot....

So, if tomorrow your PC crashes, apart from the hassle and cost of getting it repaired or replaced you no longer have to think 'oh my god all my stuff is gone'!!!. You just set your new pc up, go to the website and hit the 'Recover' button and hey presto ALL your files and docs are back on your pc again.

No more back up discs, no more remembering to save stuff on memory sticks... no more worrying!!!!

I am not making any money from this, and I don't (unfortunately) own the company, but i do use this system myself and it is fantastic so just wanted to share it with you.
    Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Re: Never Worry About Your Pc Crashing Ever Again!

Looks like a great resource Marincky. Looks pretty well priced as well.
    Phil Cartledge (Aussie Phil)

Discover A Simple Approach To Online Business That Locks In Your Success.

Comment

Hi Marincky,

It sounded good, so I started the trial, just wanted to know if you've ever actually used the backup, and how did it go?

Thanks,
      Mike

Comment

I haven't used the back up myself but I know someone who has and it worked 100% good for them
        Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Well honestly boys, you can do this yourself on your extra space on vodahost. I imagine somebody creative could even run a script to setup a cron job to run all your backups for you. $49.95 a year isnt bad.. but then somebody else has all your info.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          1-302-283-3777 North America / International
          02036089024 / United Kingdom
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Originally posted by Karen Mac View Post
            Well honestly boys, you can do this yourself on your extra space on vodahost. I imagine somebody creative could even run a script to setup a cron job to run all your backups for you. $49.95 a year isnt bad.. but then somebody else has all your info.

Karen
            Hi Karen. You may have to check the TOS. I be leave i read that VH wont allow this sort of thing. Its got to be site related only.

Be nice if we could.
            Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Karen
              This is a program that runs itself and backs evrything you do, AS you do it rather than somewhere to just go to and click 'back my files up' as we all have one of those and we are all guilty of forgetting to do just that!

Comment

Karen
                You took the words right out of my mouth, Karen, and I was going to ask, how do we backup our pc's onto BV??? Would appreciate step by step directions in a language a newbie can understand. Thank you in advance.
                Where's Your Life Going? You might find some help here: http://www.ourjourneytolife.com/banners3.html
                Who is Pristinelife? http://ourjourneytolife.com/aboutme.html

Comment

Thanks, Marincky. I am definately looking into it. I need some advise about downloading page from website to computer for my secretary. Can you go to the string about Home computers???

Comment

Originally posted by Collectors-info View Post
                    Hi Karen. You may have to check the TOS. I be leave i read that VH wont allow this sort of thing. Its got to be site related only. Be nice if we could.
                    Too true....(Terms: 2.3 File Hosting File Hostingis strictly prohibited on any and all servers within the VodaHost network. You MAY NOT use your VodaHost account as a download or file storage repository)..but, having everything related to your websites in a protected archive available online from anwhere and any computer is a good thing!

Besides, with the price of external drives and flash sticks (up to 8gb) so incredibly inexpensive, why would anyone pay a third party a single dime (like Karen tried to hint AGAIN at, since no one was paing attention) for what can affordably and easily be done first-person, with the ability of secure transport and load as well???
                    For instance: I used to run externals, and now am organized on a "keyring" of 4gb sticks, and am not even restricted to using my own computer!

I simply do not get how myopic we become and can't see the forest for the trees sometimes.....
                    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
                    X