pictures?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pictures?

Hi, I'm new to bluevoda. I just finished my son's website, and wondered about the pictures I have put on it. We have two computers. My husband has a desk top, while I have a laptop. I use a wireless connection to his computer. My husband has an independent drive to save everything on, instead of his computer. This drive contains our pictures, which I can access from my laptop. When I upload the site, will the pictures be affected since they are on his independent drive? Is there something I need to do, like save them to my computer? If I do, do I need to reload the pictures on the site to come from the folder on my computer?

I'm learning so much from you guys. I am starting from zero knowledge and skills. My son loves his site and can't wait to tell everyone. When I'm done, I will be building my husband's website (military pictures), mine (Christian based), and my other three kids. I'm so grateful for the information you have provided.

I know I'm supposed to provide a domain name or account ID#. My domain name hasn't gone through yet.

Thanks again

Re: pictures?

It doesn't matter where the files are as long as the computer has access to them. The files won't be affected by having been uploaded to the website. It makes no difference if the files are on the computers hard drive, an independent external hard drive, flash memory, cd, or floppy disk. The computer can determine the location of the files and therefore will know the location of the data that needs to be uploaded.

PS. information like account id and domain name is only needed if you have a problem and need help finding out what is wrong and how to fix it. When you ask a general/hypothetical question that information doesn't really have a use.

Register/Login Script
    Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

Working...
    X