My form isnt working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My form isnt working

I have watched the video several times and do it exactly how it shows. Not sure why i get the message
    Not Found

The requested URL /action.php was not found on this server.
    Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Can someone help? My Website is americanfoundersacademy.com

(Addmissions)

Re: My form isnt working

when I go to your site I get a list of files

did you name your home page index?

or did you name it index.html?

(the first is correct)
    when you name a page you name it without the extension
    .html is the default
    to change it to .php
    you go to "page properties" and change it there
    http://www.penniesnpence.com

Comment

go ahead and try again I was plain around

Comment

is it the "admissions" page?

Bluehost - Top rated web hosting provider - Free 1 click installs For blogs, shopping carts, and more. Get a free domain name, real NON-outsourced 24/7 support, and superior speed. web hosting provider php hosting cheap web hosting, Web hosting, domain names, front page hosting, email hosting. We offer affordable hosting, web hosting provider business web hosting, ecommerce hosting, unix hosting. Phone support available, Free Domain, and Free Setup.

did you name the page with the form afaregistration?
        the form page can be in html

it is the "reply" page that must be in php and called action.
        http://www.penniesnpence.com

Comment

OK, my apologies! Let me explain better. When you go to admissions and enter in the information into the form, after clicking the submit button it gives me the not found message instead of my "Thank you" page. I'm not sure why the "action.php isn't found. Does that make sense? I hope so because I am a bit confused. :) Thanks for your help!!

Comment

How did you save / publish your "Thankyou" page ?

The form action must be the same as the thank you page
            Navaldesign
            Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
            Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
            DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
            Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

I did it just like the video tutorial said to.
              The form action must be the same as the thank you page
              What do you mean? In the html or the properties? Or something else? Sorry for my ignorance It is my first website building experience. Thank you for your help!!

Comment

If your thank you page is saved as "action" and therefore published as "action.php" the form Action field should be filled in with "action.php"

If you have saved it / published it as anything else (i.e. saved as: "thankyou" / published as "thankyou.php" in the form Action field you must type "thankyou.php" )

After you do that, save / republish your form and REFRESH your browser before testing.
                Navaldesign
                Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

SWEET!!! I got it now! Thank you General! I do have a question though, how do I load multiple actions if I save my thank you page action? Can I have Action1.php and action2.php pages? Is that how it works?
                  Either way my registration is now working so thank you!

Comment

Yes, that is so. Of course, for each for you need to set the relevant thankyou page and the form action having the same name.

However, this is only usefull if you need to have diferent content in these thank you pages, or different email content (subject etc). Otherwise a single action page can handle all your forms.
                    Navaldesign

Comment

Working...
                    X