No announcement yet.

Forum Performance & Upgrade Question !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forum Performance & Upgrade Question !!

As I am planning for a while to go for vodahost account for my Forum, There are couple of thing which i would like to know before i take this step .

First Can someone give me the idea of the performance of phpbb forum if i use voda host as webhosting and the number of online user is around 500-600 at a time.

Second, is it possible for us that we can switch from phpbb to vbulletin along with archive post and member once the board start running in full flow.

Kindly someone let me know about these issues so i take this final step of buying. Thanx

ifi

Re: Forum Performance & Upgrade Question !!

I cannot answer the first part of your question with regards to performance but I do know that many members run phpBB forums on VodaHost servers, very successfully.

Secondly - yes it is very possible to migrate a phpBB forum to vB. Once you register with vB and buy your licence you have access to the downloads. One of these is the ImpEx script. This allows for your phpBB forum to be moved over to vB. It takes posts, members, attachments and post counts, amongst other things. It works very well, I have used it myself and know of others that have made the switch successfully. There is obviously a little work to do in setting up the vB board after the import but it's pretty straightforward stuff and the instructions are excellent.

You can learn more here.

Hope this helps.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Re: Forum Performance & Upgrade Question !!

Yep this certainly help alot .. Thanx alot Amanda As you surely made my this decision quiet easy now :)

ifi

Comment

Working...
      X