Keyword(s) not in O*****re - Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keyword(s) not in O*****re - Help!

I'm finally ready to get my site some attention, but when I put in the keyword(s) in keyword digger I got an error message:

Your selected keyword in not in the O*****re search engines

I run a limousine company so naturally I choose "limousine". When that didn't work I tried several other words and combinations (livery service, ground transportation, chicago limousine, etc.) and kept getting the same message. How is it possible that these words are not in the search engine? What am I doing wrong? Is it possible to put in the keywords manually on the Meta Tag?

Please help, I'm feeling rather discouraged now :(

Re: Keyword(s) not in O*****re - Help!

Oops, forgot the link and stuff...

www.goldenlimousinechicago.com

Comment

I also noticed that Keyword Digger is not working. I use this tool a bunch and not having it working hurts! I also tried to do the updates from Keyword digger and it doesn't go anywhere. Does anyone know why?
      Affordable Medical Insurance
      Discount Dental Plan
      Washington State Health Insurance
      Temporary Health Insurance
      Homeowner Insurance Quote

Comment

Anybody???

Comment

Ok, forget keyword diggers, totally unnecessary.

Your keywords are what YOU think your potential customers will type into the search engines to find you. However, your keywords MUST be on the page as text content too!

So if you put 'Limousine Hire' as a keyword phrase for your home page, I would expect to see the text 'Limousine Hire' on that page. Does that make sense?

Check my limousine site out

www.limostores.co.uk then look at my keywords using the page source. All my keywords are on the page that they combine with.
          Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Having just looked at your site:

You have NO text content on your home page so you have nothing to keyword! You need some content of some kind.

Your page also loads too slowly due to the video... you could put people off because of this.
            Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

As to the first question - it appears that the o*****re tool to check keywords is not working. Neither are a few others that I use. The ones you pay for are working - so unless some of the free ones start working properly again, people might have to switch to some of the paid services, unfortunately.

So, don't worry about the fact it said it wasn't in there - that's because it's not working - nothing you can do about it.
              Beth
              A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
              SEO - The Basics

Comment

I noticed also that Wordtracker is working and nothing based from O*****re is working. They must be doing some sort of a heavy update or something.

Marnicky, keyword tools are not useless. They can help you to define niche markets and show you the different variations of how people search for what you do. The first rule about internet marketing is "What you think to be true about your target market is not true." The keywords tools show you the trends and terminology that people OUTSIDE of your your industry will use to search for what you do. You cannot do this by simply guessing.
                Affordable Medical Insurance
                Discount Dental Plan
                Washington State Health Insurance
                Temporary Health Insurance
                Homeowner Insurance Quote

Comment

Originally posted by motoxxx View Post
                  I noticed also that Wordtracker is working and nothing based from O*****re is working. They must be doing some sort of a heavy update or something.

Marnicky, keyword tools are not useless. They can help you to define niche markets and show you the different variations of how people search for what you do. The first rule about internet marketing is "What you think to be true about your target market is not true." The keywords tools show you the trends and terminology that people OUTSIDE of your your industry will use to search for what you do. You cannot do this by simply guessing.
                  But as Bethers and others keep reminding us: We must optimise our sites for the visitors and not the SE's, surely hunting around for the 'Best' keywords to throw in your site is doing the opposite? Surely a webmaster knows what he is trying to sell or base his site on, and therefore should also know what kind of visitors he wants to attract?

A business goes far beyond a website, and if you don't know your niche then you shouldn't be in that line of work? (When I say YOU, I am talking general by the way)

Also we are told to keyword our sites as per the content on any particular page. I would like to think the authopr of the page would have more than a good idea on his products or subject and therefore will create his keywords as he/she writes?

Sorry, not arguing with you, this is just my view, if I am wrong please correct me as I believe everyone, no matter who you are is always subject to learning more. : - )

Comment

Keyword diggers are only as good as the person using them, so Ramsey is correct partially.

Using limo's as the example, what you want the digger to do for you is to refine and return the number of searches done for those terms, so if we used limousines for hire, it might also return limousine services, limousine rentals, so you want to use a variation of those terms throughout, or even NOT use one in favor of the other.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                    02036089024 / United Kingdom
                    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Marincky,
                      I think you're confusing something I say. Yes, we need to build the site for our visitors. But to do it correctly you need to really know what your visitors would be using to find you - what keywords THEY are searching with. That's the importance of the keyword tools - and they you DO need to use these keywords.

If you write using the words/terms YOU think people should read/use, you may be losing the vast majority of your audience. That's what research is all about.

The se's simply return the websites based on those that are listening to their potential customers. Believe me - the keyword tools are very important for this.

Now - digging the words you HAVE used out of your website is really only important to find out if you've used your previous research correctly. If you find out that the terms you are using most aren't the right ones - it's time to rewrite the page. Do not use the keyword digger tools to select your keywords - as it can only tell you what you've already written and used the most often - not if those are the right words/phrases for your website.
                      Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
                      SEO - The Basics

Comment

Hi Bethers,

I understand what you are saying and don't disagree with it, I am just trying to get my head around a tool that will tell you, the owner of a business, what people will search for to find your business site? Is that correct?

Let's say if I have a website selling dog beds, I would probably want my home page content to include words such as 'dog beds' 'dogs' 'pets' 'pet bedding' 'dog blankets' to name but a few...

I would then want to be optimising my site for people tying in 'beds for my dog' 'dog beds in the UK' cheap beds for dog' etc etc.

Ok, so my question is... What am I doing wrong by NOT using a keyword digger tool? What extra benefit could it give to me by using it?

I am genuinely interested, you may well be able to persuade me to use such tools, I merely just want to know what exactly they do that I can't work out myself if that makes sense?

Thanks

Comment

Yes, dog beds is obvious. But what if there were 200 people a month searching for plaid dog beds? Not something you would expect, and if you have one, you probably barely mention it. That's where the o*****re and keyword tracking tools come in handy.

The keyword digger tool can come in handy to show you just how well you've done. If it comes back and shows the #1 keyword phrase on your page to be "click here" you've got a big problem - because no matter how many times you've used the phrase dog beds - click here is what is showing as the most important term on your page - which does NO GOOD for your customer - and in turn does no good for the se's.

It's important that you do the research to actually find all the phrases people are using for the sites you have. You are not a mind reader (I don't think) :) and these tools are very helpful.
                          Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
                          SEO - The Basics

Comment

Ok Bethers, you've persuaded me to give it a try, and sorry I didn't mean to say keword digger, I do know the tool you are talking about, just rushed the typing!

As I said before, we are all capable of learning more every day so hopefully I have learnt something here too : - )

Comment

Working...
                            X