Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tell A Friend Form query

Hi,

I have downloaded NavalDesign's instructions on this and copied/amended and published the pages onto www.susancoates.co.uk/biography as directed and that bit seems ok.

Still being a novice I have a few questions:

1. The TAF button itself comes up with the red cross - I opened in BV but I get the "image not available" red cross sign both in the opened file and on the published site. Not sure what I am doing wrong

2. Could someone talk me through what I need to do to "upload the TAF.php file to the server" please? I can't appear to "publish" it through BV.

3. Is it possible to amend the size of the pop-up screen?

Many thanks indeed

Jon

Re: Tell A Friend Form query

1. Copy / save the button image you like directly from my page, then isert it in your page.
    2. With FTP or File Manager. You can't publish it , you upload it through FTP.
    3. Yes, changing the code : #" onClick="window.open('TAFform.html', '','width=310,height=170'); return false;"

change 310 and 170 to whatever you need.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

My earlier post seems to have disappeared somewhere.

Thanks once again Navaldesign. Followed your instructions (including the copying of code for my own choice of button) and uploadof the TAF.php file to FM and the pop up box has been resized/published ok.

When I press the TAF button in the pop up online to test it it comes up with an http 404 error message. Can you suggest how to get around this please?

Many thanks

Jon

Comment

Getting there slowly but surely...

I moved the TAF.php file in the public html fodler in FM and this seems to have sorted the immediate problem - i.e I don't get an http 404 message anymore - but when I send the details I now get the thank you message but the test email is not turning up in the relevant inbox.

Thinking about how the TAF works generally - is it possible to amend the TAF/script so that when you hit it what you get is an email box come up on the screen with the message/text already in so that the user can see the text in email, thereby giving them the chance to amend/add their own text before clicking send in the email? Or can you make the text visible in the TAF?

Many thanks

Jon

Comment

TAF scripts should NOT allow the text to be changed, or it can be used to send spam.

Technically it can, and it is easy, to do. This is nothing more or less than a simple (but dedicated) form. You can build one yourself easily, to your requirements. following the BlueVoda Forms Tutorial 1. The only difference of this one, is that it has some antispam measures built in.

If you don't recieve the mail, check your email is not blocked for some reason, or maybe finished in your spam folder. If you have changed something in the script it might also not work.
          Navaldesign
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Ok. Thanks

I wouldn't intend to change the script of the TAT.php file but is it ok then to add a text area in TAFform for additional comments from the person sending the details? I tried this out of interest - when viewed in the default browser the text area showed up but when published it did not.

Cheers

Comment

You can do whatever you want. The meaning of my saying that the text should not be modified included the text area option you are mentioning. If tthere is a text area, they can write whatever they like in there.

Also, the main script, as it is, will not allow for a textarea field to be processed and emailed. So you would need to open the taf.php file and edit it according to your requirements.
              Navaldesign

Comment

Working...
              X