Article Writing Tips for Effective Affiliate Marketing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Article Writing Tips for Effective Affiliate Marketing

Affiliate marketing success really depends on just one concept.

I know that's probably hard to believe in this world of high technology and hyped up "must have" products.But, it's true.

Forget everything you've heard about fancy, schmancy advertising tricks and gimmicks. Real affiliate marketing success relies upon information... or article writing.

Writing articles for web content is the best way to;
    advertise your affiliate site,
    build trust with your site visitors,
    and presell them into buying
    from your affiliate links.

However, in order to do that you must have an article that people will want to read online. So, how's it done? Can anyone do it?

Before we go on, I need to tell you that anyone can write articles for their site. You do not need to hire someone to do it, unless you're absolutely pressed for time and/or you just don't want to write. Writing articles is not a realm for the elite or highly trained. Anyone can do it.

So, how do you write articles for web content to presell visitors and make affiliate marketing much more effective? Good question. Here's five article writing tips to maximize your website's effectiveness.

Articles have more impact when focusing on a narrow topic

The best overall way to make your website more effective is to write articles that focus on one particular topic. For example, if you have a site on dating write an article on just one aspect of dating. Not everything. For each different subtopic of your overall niche you should have a different webpage with a different article on each one. Write your articles in short, quick sentences

Yeah I know. I have a problem with this one and I should take my own advice. But, on this one do as I say and not as I do.

When writing on the web you have a limited time frame of keeping the reader's interest. You want to move them along your article quickly. So, write in short, quick sentences. This isn't grammar class. It's writing for people... real people.

Not literary critics. People online want their information in short, easy to swallow bites so they can easily digest and move on.

Write your articles without being wordy

This is a term I recently heard during a class I'm taking in Baptist history. The instructor was telling us that the syllabus for the class was very "wordy" and it really didn't need to be in order to get to the point. The same thing applies to your articles. You don't have to use every adjective, adverb, and colorful phrase you know to explain something.

Just get to the point.

Write your articles with subheadings and bullets

One of the things that has probably been written to death about writing articles is the use of subheadings and bullets within the article body. However, it just isn't being applied very much.

When someone comes to me to help with a webcopy rewrite or wonder why their web content is converting visitors into buyers, nine times out of ten the same mistake is made.

The articles and content is in long paragraphs with no breaks in between.

Subheadings and bullets are mainly for the eyes. Remember, you are fighting against the clock. You do not have an unlimited amount of time to get your reader to do what you want. Subheadings draw their eyes down the page so they can "speed read" the page to see if it's anything they are interested in. If so, then they take a little more time.

Bullets list your main points in a fashion that will help the reader process them much easier. It's a lot easier to read through a simple list of points than to fish through a wordy paragraph to find them.

If your current site is no converting your visitors then take a look at the structure of your content. Chances are you need to break up the paragraphs with subheadings and bullets.

Write with an end in mind

Remember, you're still writing to effectively market affiliate products. You're not writing just for the thrill of it.

What do you want to happen with this article? Is there another article that people could read? Are there resources that the reader can download, look at, test out? Do you want to send the reader directly to the merchant site? Do you want to collect their email address?

Keep all these things in mind when writing your article. It's much easier to write with a plan in mind than to just write down a few words. Your article will more meaning and flow to it.

Write articles for effective affiliate marketing

Affiliate marketing is made much simpler and less complex if you build it on content. People will find you easier, they will like you site much more, and they will be compelled to keep visiting and buying from your links

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Working...
X