Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My First Website Ever

Hello All,

Just wanted some constructive criticism or advice. Please check out my site at www.ivywillow.ca. It is still a work in progress and I would like to add a guestbook and some testimonials and possibly some video and need some advice or assistance on creating my members page and how to load games or something user friendly for the visitors to do. I am very new to this website stuff and am still learning about html. , script, php, etc.....

I am a very new company and very little funds to spend so anything I can learn to do myself would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Jzzyrd

Re: My First Website Ever

As you say, you are "geared" for girls, and as such, don't yu think it important to have pictures of the "setting" at least? Maybe even pictures of the different rooms if they have different themes? Guys are very visual, but girls especially are highly critical and detail oriented when it comes to pre-investing emotionally, right?

Otherwise, I think things are definitely on the right track.......I would suggest since you don't have too many pages you reconsider using a drop Menu, and drift back to text-based....to add whatever SEO you can to your site.
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Hi Vasili,

I think, you are one of the greatest assets of this forum! I just can not figure out, how you find the time to support so many people... Respect!

Cheers

Vodafan
      www.eurozisk.sk

Comment

there is a lot about your website I really like ... the thing I don't like are the dark blue boxes with the white edge with the same info on every single page .... without those boxes your pages would look great; currently they detract from the design of your pages ... move the info to an about us page or something ... the other thing I would consider is playing around with the style and colours of the menu ... keep up the good work ...
        kym, merlin & tala
        creating white majick
        www.whiteshepherds.com.au
        www.unitedwhiteshepherds.com.au
        www.merlinsmajick.com
        www.kymdunbar.com

Comment

Hi,

You site has no content.
          You have to add in more content to convince buyers to buy your products. If you are letting out your premises for parties then you should have photo galleries of your premises and some of your parties.

Right now your site has really nothing to attract customers.
          www.siapamoyanganda.com/
          Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
          State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

Hi
            I found that there is not enough enticing info on your front page may be photos of venue etc.I also found the menu a bit difficult to read in those colours.I think with a little tweaking it will be fantastic.
            two cats
            www.catpetalogue.com

Comment

Totally agree with Vasili's comments. Your site needs some 'girliness' to it... You want these ladies to spend their hard earned money so you have to give them a good reason to spend it with you. Your site doesn't give off it's true purpose at first glance, the colours are more what I would expect to see on a 'Save the local park' website more than a pamper party site.

I also wanted to click around to see what you offer but I can't find anything to click on?

You say you want to add games??? I am not sure I understand? Do you do pamper parties or sell PS2 games?

You need to find a purpose for the site and gear it around this. Don't add any more than you have to.

I know you said it was not finished yet but I think it is far too early for a review in this stage sorry.

I only offer my opinions, please don't take offence, I am sure you have worked very hard on this, just don't want to see you fall down before you start.

I have made a pamper party site too, happy for you to have a look and maybe get some ideas from

www.pampered-perfect.co.uk
              Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Hi ,yipppee my first post here.. I would suggest you to use some flash based stuff in your website.Also colours like pink, sky blue or any other colours that your target customers might have a preference for.Thats it for now.More later :)
                Silver Surfer!

Comment

Working...
                X