Publishing Index page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Publishing Index page

I published my index page (Home) a year ago and now I would like to up date it with the new BlueVoda. I redid the whole page and published it successfully but the old page comes up when I go to the web site. I tried F5 to bring it up but still got the old page; I cleared all my cookies and caches but still got the old page (I re-published each time I tried something new).

I have named my Home page button http://www.pupplove.net/index.html and it has worked just fine for a year but I never tried to update the page.

Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong?

Thanks,
    Cyndy
    pupplove@msn.com

Re: Publishing Index page

Hi, your index/home page should be named index only & all in lower case letters & with no extensions. You would then have a home page as http://www.pupplove.net/ .

is not the correct way to have a home page.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

I have changed the home page button to http://www.pupplove.net/ and published it but the page still did not change. What do I do now?

Thanks,
      Cyndy
      pupplove@msn.com

Comment

Hi, the problem is we dont know what your old page was like? This is what i am getting on the page at the moment.

Welcome to Pup-P-Love. We hope you enjoy your visit; please make yourself at home and look around. We are a small breeder in Texas and we work very hard to have the highest quality puppies according to the AKC breed standard. We strive for happy, healthy, delightful puppies; pleasing in temperament and personality.Some of our puppies are show quality and some are breeding quality but the greatest quality they all possess is the loving quality. They are family raised by us, our children and grandchildren. These are not kennel puppies but well socialized family members.

We reserve the right to refuse to place one of our babies in a home we feel is unsuitable, Poms require love and attention, they need grooming and to inter act with people often.
        Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

I have added pictures and a new button for links.

Thanks,
          Cyndy
          pupplove@msn.com

Comment

I assume you are publishing to public_html & there is not another folder to this area of your site that you may of published to. IE: public_html/newfolder/

Update: The other thing to check out is going to your c panel & seeing if the pages & images are there.
            Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

were you able to find a solution. I am having the same problem

Comment

Yes, I found the solutions but I am not sure which problems you are referring to as I had several.

Cyndy
                pupplove@msn.com

Comment

publishing your index page. I had a computer crash and lost my website, so I created a new one, I can not get my new index page to publish. I had read in this tread you had the same problem.
                  thanks
                  Lisa

Comment

Working...
                  X