No announcement yet.

How do I expand my Soholaunch template?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I expand my Soholaunch template?

Hi,

I've uploaded a Soholaunch template but it does not provide a full screen image in my web browser. How do I go about increasing the template to fit a web page?

Any help would be appreciated, thank you.

Carrotduck (Karen)

Re: How do I expand my Soholaunch template?

what is your site's name?.....and which template are U using?

Comment

Originally posted by crazeeboar View Post
      what is your site's name?.....and which template are U using?
      Not needed to answer the question.....

Originally posted by carrotduck View Post
      I've uploaded a Soholaunch template but it does not provide a full screen image in my web browser. How do I go about increasing the template to fit a web page?
      Soholaunch (like every cart system) is based on php to dynamically present the pages....and a template is merely the framed page layout system. You will find that as you add page content, navigation categories, and other page information, the pages will "flesh out" to accommodate.

What you are seeing presently is merely the empty page, "Framed" by the pre-set layout design (which we call a template).

You should not expect a dynamic foundation to "fill the page" automatically according to your visual demand for acceptability, for that is not how it was constructed. If you load a bunch of things, it could very well be that your page turns out to be 2000 pixels long (unless you plan out the pages accordingly, that is), which would then be a less than pleasant aspect for visitors to deal with as well.

Methinks you need to learn a little bit more about what you have gotten yourself into before you try to mess around with any template customizations or similar issues.......you should use the link in my signature to become familiar with Soholaunch Support, and register in the Official Forum to find appropriate solutions as you progress.
      . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
      * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Well, depending on WHERE he got his template there are FIXED templates, especially if he bought one from templates express. You would change the table widths to 100% instead of a certain number of pixels and i think that would be enough to make it move with the screen size. Without seeing the actual template in place and not seeing the coding thats my best guess.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Thank you for your advise, it's very much appreciated.

My site is http://www.forpawsandclaws.co.uk and I purchased it from Soholaunch templates.

Carrotduck/Karen

Comment

Karen

My apologies for saying HE. Yes thats a template modified from templates express, and that is a FIXED template, so it will stay set no matter how the viewers screen is. A fixed template does have some benefits to it. What you need to do is align the template to CENTER, so that it stays to the center of the page, and that will allay the issue of it having to FILL the screen. You can change this in the css file, or, if you have front page or dreamweaver simply open the index page and edit select all, and then format the page to center.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

I just looked again full screen and it is centered already. If you want the template wider, you will need to do some playing with the css files and backgrounds to make sure you dont distort the template out of place. This is much easier to do with dreamweaver or front page because you can import it as a site and make all the changes to the template, images and css at one time.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Thank you Karen Mac. Wow! It doesn't sound too difficult but I'll look into using dreamweaver or front page first before submitting my verdict! Thank you, your info has been really helpful.

Best wishes,

Karen/Carrotduck

Comment

Working...
                X