• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Add-on domain publishing

Yesterday I purchased an add-on domain wikmail-usa.com Recd
    confirmation via email, etc.
    I published a test page using public_html/wikmail-usa however,
    when on the FTP page, after connecting, I did not see public_html/wikmail-usa folder on the right. Is there supposed to be one?

When I go to www.wikmail-usa.com I get a red x for my header and no
    background. Sooooo, I apparently have done something incorrectly.

Any help is much appreciated!

p.s. Hello Vasili if you happen upon this post ;~)
    Diana
    www.dianasdesigns2.com

Re: Add-on domain publishing

When you purchase an addon domain name, you also need to ADD it as addon in your account. The relevant folder is then autocreated by the addon domain wizard. Only at that point you can see this folder and publish in it. So i suppose that you have done the above.

Now, in some cases, the folder will not appear in FTP. This typically happens if your public_html is VERY crowded with page / image files.This happens because ftp usually truncates the results to a limited number of files. If you go in your CP, File manager it should appear ok.

Your images probably don't appear because you have Hotlink Protection enabled in your CP. Go in your CP, Hotlink protection section, and add the addon in the list of allowed sites.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

You have just worked a miracle!! I have been pulling my hair out for days.
      I could see the folder in cpanel, but not in ftp and now I know why.

Thank you so very much for your explanation and assistance.
      Diana
      www.dianasdesigns2.com

Comment

NavalDesign: Forgot to ask a question.

Support replied this morning and suggested I set up a new FTP account since I presently have so many files. If I do this, set up a new FTP account, will I still publish within site builder to public_html/wikmail-usa (which is my new addon account)?

If I add a new FTP account, what will appear when I connect to FTP? (right hand side)

Sorry, but this is rather confusing.
        Diana
        www.dianasdesigns2.com

Comment

You can setup a new FTP account LIMITED only to your addon folder. This way, whenever you connect through this FTP account, you will have ONLY the addon domain content in the right side of your screen, so you will have no problem.

Have a look at Publishing in a Subdomain or Subfolder
          Navaldesign
          Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thank you again for your assistance. Off to view that tutorial!
            Have a great day!
            Diana
            www.dianasdesigns2.com

Comment

Working...
            X