What is Search Engine Optimization?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is Search Engine Optimization?

I see this term a lot both in books and on the web. Search Engine Optimization.

Re: What is Search Engine Optimization?

Very simply put - SEO is making your site the best it can be so that search engines will list it highly in the rankings when people use words/phrases in their searches that the site builder wants to be found for.

Often people think this means to trick se's - when actually what needs to be done is to do your homework to find out what the people who will be your end user/customer would use and design your site for them - remembering the best practices to do so.

To find out a little more - look at the SEO Basics ebook in my signature.
    Beth
    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
    SEO - The Basics

Comment

SEO is a term used to refer to search engine optimization. In this case, a designer, especially, is expected to do optimization in writing tags in order to have the best result when people in the world doing searching in the web search engine

Comment

The main function of SEO is to make our website appeared first in search engine

Comment

Murman - a designers main purpose has nothing to do with SEO - it has to do with designing. Now, SOME designers take SEO into account -but that is not their job.

If the main function of SEO was to make every website appear FIRST in the search engines - no one would ever be happy - as with millions of websites out there - not every one of them can be first. Now, I'll go along with that statement if people will realize that not achieving first doesn't mean they can't be successful. But any SEO company that will promise to get you to first - or even first 10 - on competitive keywords - is lying to you. Those aren't guarantees that can be made - even though, with work, it might be accomplished.
          Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
          SEO - The Basics

Comment

Thank You! I got it. At this time I am half finished with redoing my website. I have learned a lot this past year. Especially about naming pages and using key words and page titles that match.

Comment

I have changed 2 of my sites to Optimize them for Search Engine (SEO) and it was quite easy using an analysis tool.

There are many available on the net and they are free. Basically what they do is tell you

1. Title: Number of Meta tag Character – Errors (if any) - Relevance
              2. Description: Number of Meta tag Character – Errors (if any) - Relevance
              3. Keywords: Number of Meta tag Character – Errors (if any) – Relevance – Number of Keywords
              4. Robots: Number of Meta tag Character – Errors (if any)

This simply helps Search Engines better read your site

Fadi Kaouk

http://www.kgcinternational.com - Recruitment Firm
              http://www.moneymachineguide.com - Make Money Online
              http://fadikaouk.blogspot.com - Make Money Blog
              http://www.pokerguideservice.com - Learn the game of Poker
              [B][COLOR=Lime][COLOR=Black]

Comment

Fadi,
                Somehow the replies here are no longer showing what we said. But seo is a LOT more than what you just said. What you're saying is a way to look at what you've done - and a bot does that report - it can't tell you if what you did is really relevant - only if it's relevant to what it THINKS your site is about by the number of times you use words, etc.

And #3 and #4 aren't important. And #1 - the title itself is important - the number of characters is only relevant to it not being too long.

Those do not help se's read your site. But good seo help se's to find your site when someone searches on the appropriate terms.
                Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
                SEO - The Basics

Comment

Working...
                X