X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Online Affiliate Scams Revealed

by Kevin Nobleman

When selling affiliate products in your online store, avoid these common online affiliate scams. I lost a ton of money promoting useless non-paying affiliate programs until I found these guys. It's time to learn the truth about affiliate products and sales from someone who KNOWS the business!

If you want to sell products as an affiliate, where do you look? There are all kinds of affiliate programs to join on several major affiliate networks. There's likely to be lots of decent sales generating affiliate companies right?

Not true, according to Adam Fisher, the Affiliate Product Sourcing Editor for Net Worth Radio:

When you see all these "Incredible" affiliate companies and programs and products of affiliate networks on the internet, promising phenomenal sales and offering commissions ranging anywhere from 5% to 50% or more, what you're seeing is 99% junk.

There are thousands of scammers, snake oil salesmen and con artists on the Internet who are just lying around waiting to AMBUSH you when you begin looking for REAL affiliate programs to do business with. Believe it or not, there is a whole niche industry built up on the Net around this kind of scamming! The folks who run these scams have all the moral fiber of a box of hair, and the only reason they even recognize the word 'Scruples' is from the TV ad for the party game.

You may have even fallen prey to one of these con artists, selling you on their "exclusive" affiliate programs as if they are the greatest money-makers since the internet bubble burst. Me too. I've joined so many programs that I can't even recollect how many. I don't know why, but I tend to find the "good" in people, and I was "sold" by these marketing schemes time and time again, even after being scammed by the latest one. Finally, after so much disappointment and frustration, I had HAD ENOUGH. I decided to get to the bottom of this appeal we all have with online affiliate companies, and find out if there really were any PROFITABLE ones for selling "hot" affiliate goods at premium prices.

I literally contacted the administrator of every affiliate website I could find. Posing as an investor, I managed to persuade the owners that I was seriously interested in purchasing their entire website and business. That way, once the cartoonish bags of money flashed in their heads, they would grant me free access to their member's areas to examine what I would be "selling". Well, I was appalled with 99% of what I found. Many of the owners actually bragged about how many people joined their useless non-paying affiliate programs. I repeatedly found:

*outdated links

*non-working links

*links leading to other sites that wanted you to sell ****

*no help section

*no real email support

*few if any sales

I quickly realized that these so-called affiliate networks were totally pointless. And the owners knew it, yet they were laughing all the way to the ATM machine! Needless to say, I didn't respond when they asked if I was still interested in purchasing their websites. Surprisingly, while sitting through all of the scam artist's websites, I was able to locate a group of individuals that actually ran profitable and legitimate programs.

The owners were common folk like you and me that found a way to earn extra money working from home on their computers. Their membership areas were impressive, with a great deal of quality information on how to make $100-$200 per day on your computer doing very little work. I even chatted with a few of their affiliates in several online forums, and they confirmed that they were earning extra money using the information, support and products that the affiliate websites had provided them. It was like I found a few diamonds in the rough. But don't take my word for it, you can drop by the over one dozen sites I found. See what you think.

They DO NOT charge a minimal fee for access to their program, which is to be expected for any legitimate program that actually has people on staff who are dedicated to helping you get earning online. What a warm group of people! Anyway, if you do decide you are interested in any of the dozen companies, I advise you to join post-haste, as the owners have informed me that they are getting so many new affiliate members by word of mouth referrals, that they will be blocking off membership completely by month's end. (By the way, you didn't receive this news from me!) They don't have a large enough staff to welcome many more people, and they are driven to providing excellent service to each person. Well, my quest to find legitimate online affiliate programs has come to an end. I have to mention I was profoundly disappointed with most of what I found, and I strongly urge you not to take any chances doing business with any companies other than the twelve I will share with you.

Whatever you do, I hope you and your loves ones have a healthy, prosperous year.

Take care and I wish you all the best.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Re: Online Affiliate Scams Revealed

Hi - lovely and helpful article about something i was worrying over.

one thing.....WHO ARE the affiliate sites you have found!!??

Kind Regards

Comment

Originally posted by queen_sheba
      Hi - lovely and helpful article about something i was worrying over.

one thing.....WHO ARE the affiliate sites you have found!!??

Kind Regards
      I would like to know who the affiliate sites are too!! I've been trying to find good ones for a while now!!!
      catsgreen420

Comment

I was too, going heavy on aff programs, but I was not impressed with what I experienced, most of these affiliate networks and programs are not delivering on their prommises, very few real gems exist out there on cyber space,

Kevin I look forward to see what your recommendations are....of good affiliate sites

Comment

I currently use 4 bona-fide services to sustain our virtual shopping mall (a BV site) "MyChoiceMall.com" which work only with top-name credible stores like Macy*s, Best Buy, Nordstrom, Discovery Channel, FTD Florists, etc:
          1. Commission Junction (www.cj.com)
          2. BeFree (a CJ Co.) (www.befree.com)
          3. Linkshare (www.linkshare.com)
          4. Linkconnector (www.linkconnector.com) >> new to us since we joined up following one store only who changed affiliate networks...so I have no 'history' to report here!

There is also Shareasale, NetClick, and some others, but hooking up with these top 3 should put you in a favorable position to find not only a wide selection of the complimentary "brands" you would be seeking, but some of the biggest names in business as well. And, like Beez mentioned elsewhere, you need to be approved first (your site), then each store gets to say nay or yea upon applying to their programs.....

Personally, I like the payout system of Commission Junction, who write you a check whenever your combined sales total $25/month, whereas the other programs let the merchants set their own thresholds and pay themselves: forces YOU to be selective, folks, for it can be common for a small-time merchant who only earns you $5/mo might have a $50 threshold, and is really taking up space for another more popular, mainline vendor with better payout terms......offering a big selection isn't always the answer to affiliate marketing, and they know it! Offering a smaller, more refined group of recognized names works best (the only downside is most of the biggest names pay the smallest commissions).

Affiliate marketing works >> we earned almost $100 the first week we published the first BV page, not even having the site finished, due to total chance visitors stopping and shopping....imagine the difference a good SEO plan and blast emails to our 220,000 subscribers will do?? (point is, do SEO and some form of marketing to earn your success - if sites don't perform, they are dropped!)

For a more comprehensive list of affiliate services, simply google it and do a little discovery. Look around at leading stores, and wherever you find "affiliate" on the bottom of their site, drill in to see who they are using. I am sure you will come to simlilar conclusions as to who is more reliable, and which services are more prestigious for your consideration. It's up to you to define your future - it's always your choice!

Hope I was of some help.....sharing a personal experience.....
          . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
          * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Another on that has worked for me personally is www.clickbank.com they have some great snake oil but they do have a few other programs that work.
            Trevor Williams

www.noblewealthstrategies.com

Comment

Clickbank has been downgraded recently, due to payment issues, and types of merchants being presented without due diligence being done prior to acceptance. Again, Affiliate Programs Services providers can best be judged by the company they keep. You won't find Nordstrom, for instance, participating at clickbank, and there is a reason 25% of the Top 400 retailers list with Commission Junction...... do your homework, prepare your site for acceptability, and jump in - the water is lovely!

Comment

I guess I'm backwords. My idea of aff is not bringing macys to some rural recluse but bringing the best products of thousands of small manufactors to the citys. Working backwards, means hunderds of hours of searching over half a million sites. 99% of which are clones selling the same dog food. I need to know how to aproach the 1% that have what I'm looking to put on my site. How to present an aff to a small manufactor. I guess what I'm asking is how to make cold presentation.

Comment

That is a business model that is not part of this Forum, but something that you must design yourself! It truly is a business plan, isn't it?
                  If I were in your *****, I would subscribe to the local Business Times, and scour the Book of Lists for direct contact for all the VITO (Very Important Top Officer) info I could get my hands on, and "cold call" especially to canvass/research the need (they would be more willing to answer 2-3 questions if they think it will eventually help them) and then target market based on the key words/fears/mentions/peaks of interest you discovered in doing your inquiries....but that's me: getting down and dirty to carve out a niche, not looking for a quick fix. >>There is no reverse technology construct to Affiliate marketing. Make your own path, as narrow or as wide as you require, but the path will only be as long as you put effort into making it happen.

Join related associations, guilds, clubs, supplier groups, or earn certificates, good standing, whatever it takes to utilize membership rosters, lists of participants, etc. The rule is it is easier to not only gain access, but produce results to those who are essentially your "peer" even if loosely associated. If you are really a beginner, and need some early "conquests" to lure others past the fear of being first, crack open the yellow pages and pick out perfectly matched businesses that fit your profile, drive down to meet and pitch yourself, in best form! It'll be easier leveraging the "local boy" angle in your first foray. Creativity in cultivating your targeted market access is half of your battle. Selling your solution is your route to success. It's not, however, even remotely connected to affiliate marketing, unless you set up one of your own (which in your case, I don't feel will serve your needs).

Better?

Comment

Thanks for the candor.
                    I think the local boys will give me the experence I need.

Comment

Glad to see I could help out...and good luck. I think you will make it through, just because you didn't give up looking for an answer!

Like VodaHost always reminds us: Your Success is Our Success!

Comment

It would benefit many of those thinking about Affiliate programs and opportunities to read this thread and "Bona Fide" thread from beginning to end....many of the questions that keep popping up are addressed within these two threads.

Comment

Originally posted by Vasili
                          It would benefit many of those thinking about Affiliate programs and opportunities to read this thread and "Bona Fide" thread from beginning to end....many of the questions that keep popping up are addressed within these two threads.
                          !!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by VodaBot
                            by Kevin Nobleman

When selling affiliate products in your online store, avoid these common online affiliate scams. I lost a ton of money promoting useless non-paying affiliate programs until I found these guys. It's time to learn the truth about affiliate products and sales from someone who KNOWS the business!

If you want to sell products as an affiliate, where do you look? There are all kinds of affiliate programs to join on several major affiliate networks. There's likely to be lots of decent sales generating affiliate companies right?

Not true, according to Adam Fisher, the Affiliate Product Sourcing Editor for Net Worth Radio:

When you see all these "Incredible" affiliate companies and programs and products of affiliate networks on the internet, promising phenomenal sales and offering commissions ranging anywhere from 5% to 50% or more, what you're seeing is 99% junk.

There are thousands of scammers, snake oil salesmen and con artists on the Internet who are just lying around waiting to AMBUSH you when you begin looking for REAL affiliate programs to do business with. Believe it or not, there is a whole niche industry built up on the Net around this kind of scamming! The folks who run these scams have all the moral fiber of a box of hair, and the only reason they even recognize the word 'Scruples' is from the TV ad for the party game.

You may have even fallen prey to one of these con artists, selling you on their "exclusive" affiliate programs as if they are the greatest money-makers since the internet bubble burst. Me too. I've joined so many programs that I can't even recollect how many. I don't know why, but I tend to find the "good" in people, and I was "sold" by these marketing schemes time and time again, even after being scammed by the latest one. Finally, after so much disappointment and frustration, I had HAD ENOUGH. I decided to get to the bottom of this appeal we all have with online affiliate companies, and find out if there really were any PROFITABLE ones for selling "hot" affiliate goods at premium prices.

I literally contacted the administrator of every affiliate website I could find. Posing as an investor, I managed to persuade the owners that I was seriously interested in purchasing their entire website and business. That way, once the cartoonish bags of money flashed in their heads, they would grant me free access to their member's areas to examine what I would be "selling". Well, I was appalled with 99% of what I found. Many of the owners actually bragged about how many people joined their useless non-paying affiliate programs. I repeatedly found:

*outdated links

*non-working links

*links leading to other sites that wanted you to sell ****

*no help section

*no real email support

*few if any sales

I quickly realized that these so-called affiliate networks were totally pointless. And the owners knew it, yet they were laughing all the way to the ATM machine! Needless to say, I didn't respond when they asked if I was still interested in purchasing their websites. Surprisingly, while sitting through all of the scam artist's websites, I was able to locate a group of individuals that actually ran profitable and legitimate programs.

The owners were common folk like you and me that found a way to earn extra money working from home on their computers. Their membership areas were impressive, with a great deal of quality information on how to make $100-$200 per day on your computer doing very little work. I even chatted with a few of their affiliates in several online forums, and they confirmed that they were earning extra money using the information, support and products that the affiliate websites had provided them. It was like I found a few diamonds in the rough. But don't take my word for it, you can drop by the over one dozen sites I found. See what you think.

They DO NOT charge a minimal fee for access to their program, which is to be expected for any legitimate program that actually has people on staff who are dedicated to helping you get earning online. What a warm group of people! Anyway, if you do decide you are interested in any of the dozen companies, I advise you to join post-haste, as the owners have informed me that they are getting so many new affiliate members by word of mouth referrals, that they will be blocking off membership completely by month's end. (By the way, you didn't receive this news from me!) They don't have a large enough staff to welcome many more people, and they are driven to providing excellent service to each person. Well, my quest to find legitimate online affiliate programs has come to an end. I have to mention I was profoundly disappointed with most of what I found, and I strongly urge you not to take any chances doing business with any companies other than the twelve I will share with you.

Whatever you do, I hope you and your loves ones have a healthy, prosperous year.

Take care and I wish you all the best.
                            I currently use 4 bona-fide Affiliate Network Services to sustain our virtual shopping mall (a BV site) "MyChoiceMall.com" which works only with top-name credible stores like Macy*s, Best Buy, Nordstrom, Discovery Channel, FTD Florists, etc:
                            1. Commission Junction (www.cj.com)
                            2. BeFree (a CJ Co.) (www.befree.com)
                            3. Linkshare (LinkShare)
                            4. Linkconnector (LinkConnector - Affiliate Marketing Network) >> new to us since we joined up following one migrating store only who changed affiliate networks...so I have no 'history' to report here!

There is also Shareasale, NetClick, and some others, but hooking up with these top 3 should put you in a favorable position to find not only a wide selection of the complimentary "brands" you would be seeking, but some of the biggest names in business as well. And, like Beez mentioned elsewhere, you need to be approved first (your site), then each Vendor/store gets to say nay or yea about allowing you to participate upon applying to their programs.....

Personally, I like the payout system of Commission Junction, who write you a check directly whenever your combined sales total $25/month, whereas the other programs let the merchants set their own thresholds and pay you commissions themselves according to whatever rules they establish. This should force YOU to be selective, folks, for it can be common for a small-time merchant who only earns you $5/mo might have a $50 threshold, and is really taking up space more apporpriate for another more popular, mainline vendor with better payout terms. Offering a big selection of stores or opportunities isn't always the answer to affiliate marketing either, and there are stores listed in network services that make you wonder how they squeaked in the door! Offering a smaller, more refined group of recognized names works best (since they have done much of the marketing for you already) and have proven their program profitability over time. The only downside is most of the biggest names pay the smallest commissions, even though they also have invested in virtual storefronts and other tools that mean money in your pocket should you elect to partner with them.

Affiliate marketing works, and you must also work the program. It was rather odd that we earned almost $100 the first week we published the first BV page, not even having the site finished, due to total chance visitors stopping and shopping while under construction. Imagine the difference a good SEO plan will make with elements included like blast emails to our 220,000 subscribers will do?? The point is, do SEO and some form of marketing to earn your success. If sites don't perform, they are dropped from vendor affiliations, just as you should eliminate dead stores on your site. You really must plan precisely for measurable and satisfying results - there is no get-rich-quick aspect here!

For a more comprehensive list of affiliate services, simply do a little discovery. Look around at leading stores, and wherever you find "affiliate" on the bottom of their site, drill in to see who they are using. I am sure you will come to simlilar conclusions as to who is more reliable prospect store, and which affiliate or network services are more prestigious for your consideration. It's up to you to define your future - it's always your choice!

Hope I was of some help.....sharing a personal experience.....

Comment

Working...
                            X