Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CGI Script

Hi All,

Can anyone help. I am playing with Dreamweaver and in the form creation section it says to find from hosting company (BV) cgi script that is used, to enable the form to be processed and emailed to myself.

The second part of my question is to automatically go to a "Thank you" page, like an action script. Would that simply be another html page or would it have to be php code. Would this then matter if the rest of the site is done and saved as html???

Thanks to anyone that can give some advice.
    Photography is a snapshot of a time in your life.
    http://www.quantumphotography.net

Websites you dream of... www.quantumwebworks.com

Re: CGI Script

Qua,

It doesnt necessarily have to be a cgi script nor a bv script thats used for your form. And no it can be html, but your action page has to be php if the script used is php. If you look in the treasure chest theres formmaker pro that should work with your dreamweaver sites. I dont know that you can USE the bv forms with out altering them, I havent really tried. Forms arent my forte, but, I can do them with both the bv one and formmaker pro. But, I stop at mixing and matching them up. I would imagine the action php thats posted with the bv forms WOULD work as long as the coding was put in the proper places on your action page.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Just type the correct action in your Dreamweaver form and you can use ANY php script, including ABVFP.
      Navaldesign
      Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
      Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
      DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
      Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thank you, I think I understand.

On my quantum page I have the php code, and my thank you page is the php page, so from what is being said I do much the same thing??

Regards
        Photography is a snapshot of a time in your life.
        http://www.quantumphotography.net

Websites you dream of... www.quantumwebworks.com

Comment

Pretty much .. thats it yes.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          1-302-283-3777 North America / International
          02036089024 / United Kingdom
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

The form page (which you define "quantum" , i'm i correct ?) doesn't need to be php, can be html. The thank you page, if you use the method described in the Tutorial, needs to be php because it will have the script in it.
            Navaldesign
            Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
            Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
            DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
            Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
            X