linking to content in vodahost folder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• linking to content in vodahost folder

I want to publish flash video to my subscription website (hosted elsewhere) but I want to have the flv video files located on my vodahost site. The flash player I have allows me to upload the html, xml, swf and jpg files to one site/folder and the large flv video file to another site/folder. What I'm not sure about is where I place the flv files in my vodahost ftp area (accessvet2.com) so they can be accessed correctly. When I try to place content (eg a jpg image) in a folder in my vodahost site, then try to access it using a browser, I get an error like this:

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /public_html/misc_images/quote1.jpg on this server. Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

This example is for a jpg image stored at: http://www.accessvet2.com/public_html/misc_images/quote1.jpg.

My questions:
    (1) What am I doing wrong?
    (2) Where should I upload content so it can be accessed externally (without errors like above) & what folder settings should be used?
    (3) What is the purpose of the public_html folder as opposed to the public_ftp folder?
    (4) Can't I just create a new folder (eg, accessvet2.com/new_folder/) and link to the content I place in it? Or is that not as secure?

Any help gratefully received.

Darren Christie

Re: linking to content in vodahost folder

I have this same question. Did anyone ever address this concern?

Please reply.

Comment

Re: linking to content in vodahost folder

You need to change the chmod on the directory. Try something like 755

Also the address isn't going to be https://www.yoursite.com/public_html...lder/image.jpg

it will be

public_html is the system path that is equivalent to your primary domain name.

Register/Login Script
      Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

Working...
      X