Help with large MP3 files

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with large MP3 files

I am trying to allow playback of sermons on our church website. A typical MP3 file may be 20-25 Mb. I have tried inserting Windows Media Player, linked to the specific file, but when I try to publish, Blue Voda seems to lock up. (No progress shows after 15 minutes.) I tried to follow suggestions on FTP uploading and got the file on my server, (which took about 5 minutes of upload time), but I don't understand how to play the file from a web page when I upload the file via the FTP manager. If I try to publish the page with the Windows Media Player on it, it tries to reload the file and locks up.

I have searched through this "Adding elements to your website forum" and have not been able to find the correct information. If anyone can point me to the correct thread or has suggestions, that would be great.

Thanks,
    Richest-www.zionsbranch.org

p.s. When I get answers from a previous question, am I suppose to somehow close the thread??? If so, what is the procedure. I don't want to bog down this forum with questions that have been answered.

Thanks a lot for all of your help!

Re: Help with large MP3 files

Hi, apply the link to the file on your page instead ...

(The name of the file will have to be identical to what it is you uploaded via ftp) ...

The user will then click on the file and wait for their own windows media player to open (or viewer of their choice, real player, etc.) to watch or save to their computer to view ...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
    X