Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Different on computers:/

My site: http://www.deschanels-little-ones.com

Looked PERFECT when I built it on my laptop,but everyone that views it on the stationary computer says it looks all wrong...
    What do I do???

Also I tried to build it on the other computer instead of the laptop (I had to download BV builder again) the font "vivaldi" wasnt there which is the font I wanted to use...why ?
    Can I add fonts to BV?

Re: Different on computers:/

Hi, its a bit hard to say what is happening with not knowing what your friends are seeing. The strange thing is that when i view your site in IE it looks ok, but just quite a bit of side ways scroll.
    When i view in FF, i get some strange gold/brownish balls (8 of them) showing on the screen around your image on the front page.
    On the font part? The Vivaldi font is about a 1/3 of the way down the list. (Wish BV would put these in alphabetical order).
    PS. you need to reduce your images. The page is taking 20/30 seconds to load for 1st time visitors.
    This page http://www.deschanels-little-ones.com/photojack.html took over 50seconds. Remember these are in your computers cache & will load onto your screen 90% quicker than a new visitor to your site.

Good luck.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Re: Different on computers:/

If the vivaldi font is not present on the other computer it won't show up, also Vivaldi is not a web safe font, so unless it is present on everyone's computers, the computer itself will default to the closest font, this is why it looks different on other computers. Stick with websafe fonts, unless you make an image for a title ...

The list of fonts you see in your blue voda web builder are those that are installed on your computer, and will be different for most everyone and doesn't mean that you should use them all because of the fact that not everyone that will view your site will have this font installed ...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
      X