Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Editing html

Hi

I wish to edit existing html, how do I access it ? I can add html to my page using the html box but this just adds the code to the end of what is already on the page. I need to be able to add html at a specific point within the original code. I have looked in cpanel but can't work it out. I need ftp access to the web server where my files are held or published to.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Paul

Re: Editing html

Your ftp is the same as your cpanel login. Just open your ftp program of choice, your host is your website without http://www. (just "yoursite.com"), and cpanel username and password for your ftp user/pass.

Just login download, edit, and upload your files. Keep in mind that if you publish with BV after editing the html it will overwrite the changes you made and you will have to redo them

Register/Login Script
    Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

Thanks but nowI am lost ,this is all new to me . can you step me thru how I open your ftp program of choice and find the html I want to edit

Thanks again

Paul

Comment

Learn how to do anything by using the Tutorials....Find the Control Panel Tutorials Here
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Hi

I have found out how to get into html editor. still need a bit of help tho. You have a few options for my purpose. Edit file, html editor and show file. What's the difference, if any, editing html in 'edit file' or using html editor?? Also saving the edits, if I use edit file and then save, the saved code shows in the 'show file' section. if I use html editor,which seems to have removed all reference to blue voda in the html it doesn't save and neither of the changes show in either the html page in the pages where you are building your site or in the view source section in the previewed page. Also it dosen't show in the view source section on the published page either. All I want to do is put a bit of html and save it !!! or is it saved and it just doesn't show in the pages on the site??? I'm confused. This is to to enable users of ie6 to view my site without having white rectangular boxes around my transparent background logo boxes. The png code was written by a friend of mine who is a web designer and who has had this problem before with users of ie6 which as he puts it, doesn't supportthis funky transparent layer. if you look a my earlier posting the codes is there. hesaid there is some png code already in the html but its not working otherwisw iwouldn't be having these problems. Can someone do me a favour who is still using IE6, have a look at the front page of my site and let me know if there are any white boxes around my headers or top navigation buttons www.didjnt.com
          Thanks

Paul

Comment

G'day Paul,
            I have IE6 and I can't see any white boxes mate :)
            Your site is looking great for the theme of Aboriginal Art. However, I think the page width, require viewer to scroll, and only one of the Digeridoos is visible at a time whereas they should "frame" the page. Your width is set to 1200 and I realise you's have to reduce the size of your Menu Bar to reduce the width. I think you should try getting it down to a max 1000 width.
            I can't comment on any of the other questions you have asked about HTML editing, sorry. (lack of experience myself)
            Good Luck (& I've Bookmarked your site!)

Hooroo Digeridoo
            Rick

Comment

Paul,

Have your designer buddy transform the png to gif format. It still retains its loseless(transparent) background, and probably will load faster too!

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
              1-302-283-3777 North America / International
              02036089024 / United Kingdom
              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Or, use IE7. This is a web based JS library that makes IE 6 behave as IE7 (thus the name), which means "understanding" css2 / 3 , alpha transparency png etc. Have a look at http://dean.edwards.name/IE7/
                It will not only solve the transparency issue but also many others css related. Works on IE 5 and 6.

However please note that most users that have official Windows, so the use Live Update, have recieved code upgrades that have made IE6 compliant with such features, so normally you should not have the problem unless you have a very old / not updated version.
                Navaldesign
                Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
                Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Hi, ditto with the above. Your image that you have used for the background has been stretched to 1213px wide & is creating side scroll. This may also be because you are using a different screen resolution to the majority of visitors. But all shows up fine in FF & IE7. for me.

Good luck.
                  Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Working...
                  X