Making MP3 Downloadable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Making MP3 Downloadable

I want to make an MP3 downloadable from my website. I created the MP3 and put it on the server using blueFTP. Then I created a link to its address on the webpage. When you click on the link the MP3 will play using quicktime but you can't download it. I also have Media Player on the computer but it didn't open it. So how can I make it a true downloadable and not just an audio?

Thanks

Re: Making MP3 Downloadable

How about zipping it first? Then upload the zip file and link to it instead.
    Bless you
    Tom

Comment

How do you make a zip file? No clue.

Thanks

Comment

Download and install Winzip 11.1 from here: http://www.tucows.com/preview/194294

Once installed, open your windows explorer and navigate to your mp3 file. Right-click on it and select Winzip >> Add to xxx.zip (where xxx is the name of your mp3.

If you want to zip several mp3 files in a single zip, then select all required files and right-click and select Add to Zip. Then specify a name for it and zip.

Just practice a bit with it; its easy to use. Here are many people here who will be glad to help should you need more assistance.
        Bless you
        Tom

Comment

I zipped one of the files using Justzipit. Now do I just open blueftp and drag the zipped file onto the server? Then do I create a link named after the zip file and put on my website? For example, if the name of my zipfile is "Secretplacepsalms91.mp3" would that be the address of the link I create in order for people to click on and download?

Thanks for your help.

Comment

No, actually people will be downloading your zip file ... so the link will need to be named after the zip file ...www.etc /nameoffile.zip

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            1-302-283-3777 North America / International
            02036089024 / United Kingdom
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
            X