New site! New pyramid theory, I need lots of advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New site! New pyramid theory, I need lots of advice

New site! New pyramid theory, I need lots of advice…….. www.thesecretdjed.com
    i am attempting to promote my new book this is my first attempt at a web site, but some of the pages take forever to load, any suggestions on how to reduce the file size to quicken it up. Also if I try to reduce my photos size, the quality reduces too, is there a quick fix. Any other suggestions for this work in progress would be appreciated.

Re: New site! New pyramid theory, I need lots of advice

LOL.. well.. im still choking on his collegues hold him in DISTAIN. I hate when coffee goes up my nose!

Id suggest you make that monument pyramid a tad SMALLER, it eats up all your resources where your info etc could be. What you dont relies that to be taken seriously, good spelling and grammar will be essential. I hope you paid the publisher to fix that for you. You also need to use a web friendly font, and that papyrus however Egyptian wont show up on alot of computers. Try comic sans instead. Its a similar in characteristics and will stay TRUE on all browsers.

You also need to title and use meta info on all your pages. A standard photo editor will do the job nicely, and i think if you cant find a free one you can find older versions of paint shop for around 25 bucks. Theres some free online editors that will work as well... do a search on the forum or on google.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Hi, its something to do with the video loading. i can only assume its a large file. I gave up after 50secs. Home page is not a good place to have this type of file.
      Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Everything loaded fine for me, Chris: IE under 3 seconds, FF about 2.5, Slim 2.8, AOL in 4.2, and MSN 2.65 :: Video/music played instantly after page loaded except IE and AOL which had a slight delay but THAT is a User RAM, browser/version, or connection issue, not a formatting one

I never mention much about fonts, since I have more than 2000 loaded onto this unit, which allows me to see just about everything! And I tell you what: if you want the easiest way to do text in a universally viewable format, simply type it in using the logomaker! How easy is that? (be sure to compose it in Word first, so you can spell-check it!)

I don't see much terribly wrong at all, and leave it up to the "experts" to pinpoint all the details. ........did a great job, and only suggest you go back and fill in all the blanks now. Am looking forward to the final version.
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
        X