Sudden problem!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sudden problem!

I see I posted in the wrong area, so here's a repost - someone have an answer??

HELP!!

Before I give you my sob story, I must tell you the other 3 non-Voda email accounts are working just fine.

I can't get mail from one of my sub accounts. I keep getting this error:

The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'mail.ice-tropic.com', Server: 'mail.ice-tropic.com', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10061, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

It has been fine for the 9 months or so I've had it, but the other day...JUST KAPUT!!! Nada.

I've opened up a support ticket, but no response yet (yes, I have my response email to a working account). I'm on autopay, so my bill is always paid.
    Terri
    www.ice-tropic.com
    www.janebondtravel.com
    www.theazfoodcritic.com

Re: Sudden problem!

Hi Jane ... while you wait for an answer form support, try deleting this email account, closing out and resigning in and adding it again, that is if you haven't tried this before ...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Thanks for the reply LadyEve. But my sign in and all other info will be the same....does that make a difference?

Do I need to start reading chicken feet? I think the hubby has extra digits I can sacrifice.

I'm crushing on that cool graphic in your avatar, BTW.
      Last edited by jane bond; 09-21-2007, 04:39 AM. Reason: adding a line
      Terri
      www.ice-tropic.com
      www.janebondtravel.com
      www.theazfoodcritic.com

Comment

Yw & Ty - Chicken feet eh, ... lol ... it will be okay that your sign in info and all is the same, you will be alright, it won't hurt ..

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Terri.....IF you can get into your cPanel, the new server setups go like this: more often than not, random IP assignments create a problem when setting up email aliases in separatre sessions, and will not always function for those added later......you might need to wipe all of them for the domain in question, and then log out/log back in and re-establish all of them, in one single session......only then will the server "recognize" the association.

Try that rather than bang your head on the padded wall......(we all have faced this recently, and this process seems to work best).

Seems to me that adding in servers and replacing others hodge-podge doesn't always fix the daisy chain the way it used to years ago --- much more tempermental these days, and not every wire gets twisted in the same direction.....
          . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
          * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
          X