Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tracking Code Values for Soho

Hi all,

Was wondering if any of you know what values I should use in my tracking code for Soho Shopping Cart?

The values I am looking for is:

TotalCost (mandatory for % commissions) - price of the product
    OrderID (optional) - can be your unique generated order ID to cross-check the sale.
    ProductID (optional) - the ID of the product bought.

Or if any of you can tell me what kind of Shopping Cart is Soho?? (Maybe stupid question, sorry, but can help me find the right html code to use here)

Best Regards
    Yvonne12

Re: Tracking code values for Soho ??

Yvonne

Not sure what you are tracking, but you should ask this in the soho thread. Soho is php driven which is script that is embedded in html.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Tracking code for Soho Shopping Cart

Hi all,

Trying to ask here now and hope I am in the right place. I am using Soho Shopping Cart in my website. I also have installed an Affiliate program. This Affiliate program needs an tracking code to be able to track any sales done by my affiliates. Currently I am just using a General Tracking Code but this one only tracks the sale but not the actual cost for that item or the commission for the Affiliate.

So I was wondering if any of you know what values I should use in my tracking code for Soho Shopping Cart so that it can track correctly?

The values I am looking for is:

OrderID (optional) - can be your unique generated order ID to cross-check the sale.

Or if any of you can tell me what kind of Shopping Cart is Soho?? (Maybe stupid question, sorry, but can help me find the right html code to use here)

Best Regards
      Yvonne12

Comment

Re: Tracking Code Values for Soho

Moved your one thread and merged the two. Hopefully you'll get an answer here in Soho.
        Beth
        A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
        SEO - The Basics

Comment

Yvonne,

Sorry, but I dont have any idea. Ask the affilate software maker? or on their forum what they use to determine this.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Originally posted by Karen Mac View Post
            Yvonne,

Sorry, but I dont have any idea. Ask the affiliate software maker? or on their forum what they use to determine this.

Karen

It was the Affiliate software maker (PostAffiliatePro) that asked me to find out what values Soho Shopping Cart is using, because this value depends on each shopping cart.

Anyone else that can help me with this please?

Best Regards
            Yvonne12

PS. Thanx Karen and Bethers

Comment

I think they are wanting values on the mysql end, and I would ask in the soho forum for one of the owners or programmers to answer this for you.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Can you email me the exact wording or phrasing for this value? or is there a link to instructions etc that you are following? Its impossible to really even guess at this point what they are asking.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Can you email me the exact wording or phrasing for this value? or is there a link to instructions etc that you are following? Its impossible to really even guess at this point what they are asking.

Karen

ok, an general tracking code for a shopping cart looks like this:

<script id="pap_x2s6df8d" src="http://4yourinternetbusiness.com/affiliate/scripts/sale.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
                  <script type="text/javascript"><!--

var TotalCost="XXXXXX.XX";
                  var OrderID="XXXXXX";
                  var ProductID="XXXXXX";
                  papSale();
                  --></script>

Where the values XXXXXX should be replaced with correct values for:

This looks different depending on what kind of shopping cart you are using.

ZenCart is using this format:

<?
                  $dbreq = $db->Execute("select * from " . TABLE_ORDERS_TOTAL . " where orders_id = '".(int)$orders->fields['orders_id']."' AND class = 'ot_subtotal'");
                  $totalCost = (number_format($dbreq->fields['value'],2));
                  $orderId = $dbreq->fields['orders_id'];
                  print '<script id="pap_x2s6df8d" src="http://4yourinternetbusiness.com/affiliate/scripts/sale.js" type="text/javascript"></script> <script type="text/javascript">
                  <!--

var TotalCost="'.$totalCost.'";
                  var OrderID="'.$orderId.'";
                  var ProductID="";
                  papSale();
                  -->
                  </script>';
                  ?>

eCommerce is using this format:

<script id="pap_x2s6df8d" src="http://4yourinternetbusiness.com/affiliate/scripts/sale.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
                  <script type="text/javascript">

var TotalCost="<?php echo $ordGrandTotal ?>";
                  var OrderID="<?php echo $ordID ?>";
                  var ProductID="";
                  papSale();
                  </script>

As you can see the values XXXXXX.XX from the general code is changing depending on what kind of shopping cart you are using. And this is the value I am looking for. What should I replace XXXXXX with?

All these examples comes from the PostAffiliatePro's integration wizard.

Best Regards
                  Yvonne12

Comment

Yvonne..Ok.. Youd have to look in your cart_order.php for that script or ask the soho boys for that info. Thats kinda what I thought theyd be asking for. They should be able to give you that info no problem. I cant give it to you without going and looking and I just dont have the time at the moment.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Yvonne..Ok.. Youd have to look in your cart_order.php for that script or ask the soho boys for that info. Thats kinda what I thought theyd be asking for. They should be able to give you that info no problem. I cant give it to you without going and looking and I just dont have the time at the moment.

Karen
                      Thank you so much for all your help Karen, I was finally able to post a thread in the soholaunch forum, (was not able to this summer, maybe they were on vacation ) hopefully someone there can help me out with this. If not I will take a look in the cart_order.php to see if I can find it myself.

Will post the answer here in this thread when I have it in case someone else is wondering now or in the future ( this has so far taken me weeks), maybe it can save them some time.

Thanx again Karen

Best Regards
                      Yvonne12

Comment

Karen

Hi again Karen,

Where is this cart_order.php located? I cant find it anywhere neither in the shopping folder or in the sohoadmin folder. Can you please direct me to the right place??

Best Regards
                        Yvonne12

Comment

Yvonne, Im not sure thats the correct page name.. I just assumed it as the logical order of soho pages are usually named in that manner. I dont have time right now.. late this evening.. probably morning your time, Ill have to go dig in there. What payment method do u use? are you using a processor or paypal? That will determine HOW your codes are used. The paypal codes they give you MAY work, as soho has the api applied to use the paypal payment method, so you may not have to dig out the file at all. I read a little on their site so .. those may work if thats what you are using. If not.. it will take some digging, I would assume you are using one compliant with soho already and didnt have to have it custom added, will make it easier.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Okies.. i went and looked. Shopping folder, try pgm_payment_gateway.php, pgm_showinvoice.php, prod_offline_card.inc (paypal) or prod_various gateway files listed.

Thats where youd be looking for the info you need. DO NOT OPEN these files with the file manager or text editor. download them and open in notepad or an html editor only. You will strip the slashes out of the php coding and really make a mess if you dont do it this way.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Okies.. i went and looked. Shopping folder, try pgm_payment_gateway.php, pgm_showinvoice.php, prod_offline_card.inc (paypal) or prod_various gateway files listed.

Thats where youd be looking for the info you need. DO NOT OPEN these files with the file manager or text editor. download them and open in notepad or an html editor only. You will strip the slashes out of the php coding and really make a mess if you dont do it this way.

Karen
                              Thank you so much again Karen. I will do it like you said and take a look in them to see if I can find them. Also found the value $ORDER_TOTAL in the promanual but tried it and it is not working

Best Regards
                              Yvonne12

Comment

Working...
                              X