Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Being in the top 20 of search engines

Hi

I have successfully published my website www.miscarriage-ni.org.uk. I tried typing the word 'miscarriage' in my browser, but found that my site didn't figure in the first 10 search page results.

I have a fairly comprehensive list in my page properties meta tags list, and my page description is good.

What is the secret of boosting a website up the rankings?

Thanks & Regards

Re: Being in the top 20 of search engines

Hi,

1) You need to improve on your meta keywords and page descriptions.

2) You need to improve your page titles

3) You need to try and get listed on as many other sites, directories, forums as possible.

4) You need to study your page content on each page and optimise it for maximum visitor potential. You need to think about what people would tyoe into the search engines to find you. You can bet that they won't just type 'miscarriage' in.

5) You have NO content at all on the Home Page which is your most important page?

If you want to email me I will give you more detailed help if you like, I am in the UK.

You can find my contact details in my wedding website link below.
    Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Hi Marincky
      Very many thanks for the advice and offer to contact you via email. I will do that.

Kind Regards

Comment

I look forward to hearing from you. Have been having a good look round and have a nice long list of things for you ; - )
        Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Have emailed you Colin

Comment

Hi Marincky

Thanks a million. This is my first website and I need all the help I can get!!

Sincerely Yours
            albumin40

Comment

I don't have a clue what he emailed you - but I just clicked to your website - and the problems you have are enormous. The se's get to your home page - and there is nothing there to sink their teeth into. (Same for people). I certainly wouldn't be coming to a professional website page to see a gigantic word "welcome" nor does the page title help you in anyway.

You have keywords in the meta that aren't on the page - so you don't understand the meta at all. You don't have a description that is at all helpful.

I suggest you go back to the se's and again put in the word miscarriage - and take a look at the sites that ARE on the first page. I just did and you are competing with over 6 million sites - what do you have that will beat them to get you into the top 100 pages of listings? You have lots of homework to do. I suggest you start with the free ebook in my signature.
              Beth
              A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
              SEO - The Basics

Comment

That kind of sumed up my email ; - )

Comment

Figured it might be - but since it wasn't here - couldn't tell - so didn't want to not say it. :)
                  Beth
                  A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
                  SEO - The Basics

Comment

I just hope he takes heed as The site does need a major overhaul

Comment

How to get to the top rankings in search engines? Isn't that 'the' question?
                      It won't be answered quickly or easily and everywhere you look, there's another 'expert' telling you how and what. I'm just beginning to grasp the whole concept and find it fascinating now that the light is beginning to shine. Everything suggested here by the other two voda members is sound advice. Their criticism is valuable.
                      Think of Internet as a Library. When someone goes there, they ask for 'information' on a very specific subject. Therefore, you have to put out "information" (content) using that specific subject (key word). Each page of your site needs content on a specific subject. Once you accept this, you're on your way. This is only the first step, but you can't do anything else until you get this part. After you choose your subject (key word), use a keyword tool that will tell you how many times that word was asked for the previouse month. The tool will, most likely, give you a list of other similar terms and how often they've been search. This is where you decide how much competition you can tolerate. It may be better for you to be number one using a keyword that was search for 3000 times last month rather than to be ranked at 325 with a keyword that was search 30,000 times.
                      Now you can write your content to include your choice of keywords. Write blogs, post in forums, publish articles, spash pages, news releases - anything you can publish with similar content using the same keywords. Even the posts you make to this forum will be displayed in the search engines. It's good to remember that whatever you publish will be visable and online forever more. The more you do, consistently using the selected keywords, the higher will be your ranking. Not quick, nor easy but fun and challenging. Be consistent and persistent. Good luck.
                      This is Dorothy with
                      http://www.homespunways2.com

Comment

Originally posted by Bethers View Post
                        I don't have a clue what he emailed you - but I just clicked to your website - and the problems you have are enormous. The se's get to your home page - and there is nothing there to sink their teeth into. (Same for people). I certainly wouldn't be coming to a professional website page to see a gigantic word "welcome" nor does the page title help you in anyway.

You have keywords in the meta that aren't on the page - so you don't understand the meta at all. You don't have a description that is at all helpful.

I suggest you go back to the se's and again put in the word miscarriage - and take a look at the sites that ARE on the first page. I just did and you are competing with over 6 million sites - what do you have that will beat them to get you into the top 100 pages of listings? You have lots of homework to do. I suggest you start with the free ebook in my signature.
                        Wow! Sounds like you know your stuff,,will you have a look see at mine? www.incaseoflife.com any suggestions would be welcome.this is my first go at attempting a website..thanks

Comment

Working...
                        X